cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Maintenance after HR-Org replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

in a sandbox environment I am currently evaluating HR-SRM Org recplication connecting SRM 6.0 to a copy of an existing HR-system.

I already learned that after active HR-Org replication, I will need to maintain my users in HR directly.

Problem: I know SRM very well but have no clue about HR.

Anyone can tell me which transactions in HR to use to maintain an employee in a way that it will be usable in SRM after replication? I use ECC 6.0 based HR. Alternatively a useful link to the right note or documentation page is highly appreciated.

Thanks and greetings, Julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

You can create an Employee in ECC back end system using PA40 transaction code then enter personnel number, click on hire and execute the transaction.Enter all the details related to the employee and click on save.In the next screen click on assignement tab to assign the employee to the org. unit and click continue then save the settings and click Yes button when system asks for Delimit vacancy.

In the next step, use PA30 transaction code and click on communication and then click on create icon then choose a sub type as System user name (SY-Uname) and click continue.Assign ID number in the next screen and then save.

Now you can see the employee assigned in the HR org structure.

These employees that are replicated to SRM system can not Shop as they are not SU01 employees.

Create SU01 user in SRM system with the ID number we maintained in the PA30 transaction to solve the above issue.

Then follow the distribution procedure by running the RHALEINI

report using SA38 transaction as suggested by Atul.

All the org. units will get transferred along with the assigned employees to SRM system.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

thanks a lot! That has resolved my initial question!

Quick follow-up question: According to document "Set up, Transport and Copy SRM Server 5.5" in chapter 9.1 "Setting up the SRM SERVER Users from an HR System via ALE" I assumed that the SU01 user is created automatically in SRM according to the HR-User.

But when I did it, the SU01 users did not show up. And you also mentioned in your reply to create the SU01 users manually.

So is the above document incorrect? I am a bit confused...

Thanks for your help and best regards

Julian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check SAP OSS notes 550055 et 934372 that explain everything

Please refer note no.312090 ,this is a primary note.You can get link for other notes.

There is also a document called TRANSPORTINGEBP_14.pdf in http://service.sap.com_

Use the search engine to find this official document.

Note 447651 Transporting EBP Systems and organisation modell will point you to the document in service.sap.com. Do not be misslead with the name of the document.

Please use SAP OSS note 550055 EBP/CRM: New integration for business partner. - Using classic scenario with separate HR system and you will found this note very useful. In related notes part you can find other useful notes.

Also, you need to set a distribution model from HR to SRM for HRMD_ABA message, and set numbering range for org units to be the same in HR and SRM system (Tcode OONR).

Please try these Very helpful links ->

Till SRM4.0, SRM supports only 1:1 positions :user, while SAP HR Org.Structure supports 1:n.

But SRM5.0, Org.Structure supports multiple assignments like in HR. So distribution of HR Master Data/Org.strcture from SAP HR to SAP SRM is better with SRM5.0.

Also see; if this will help, but have a look at note 391085 and report RHALEHRMDORIGXPERT.

Hope this will help. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks a lot for the quick reply and the great summary of notes and documents. I know them already but good to have this point verified.

What currently bothers me is the HR part: In SRM I know that users are created via the web or via USERS_GEN. But no clue how to maintain a sample Org Plan in HR including User-Position-BusinessPartner-OrgUnit Relationships.

If you or any other expert in the community can recommend a good note or help page link, that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again and best regards

Julian