cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration from SAP r/3 to SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is the best method to migrate data from one verison of SAP to another verison of SAP ECC say from SAP 3.1 to SAP ECC 6.0?

This is for all SAP modules including sd, mm, pp, fi, co master and transaction data. I know there are number of technologies to load the data such as LSMW, IDOC, ALE, DI, etc but what is the best way to extract all data feeds to be loaded back into SAP.

Thanks in advace.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Take a look to the following link, may be useful for you

[original link is broken]

• if helpful reward points are appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this only describes the load process and i am very familiar with the loading of data in SAP. i am wondering if there is a best method to follow when migrating all system data from SAP to SAP system. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no definitive answser : all cases are completeley specific.

It depends which data you want to transfer.

If you want ALL data, the best method is called an R/3 upgrade and the tool is called R3UP !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Since they have a 3.1 system that is heavily modified and the best route is to reinstall. So the plan is to start with ECC 6.0 and migrate the master data and some open transaction data to SAP ecc. Is there a tool that can allow you to effectively extract the data out of SAP and then load using one of the std methods such as LSMW?