cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMGW doesn't show "registered program" from SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i have a TCP/IP Destination in SM59 where a "registered program" is used to call this RFC-Destination!

This i have to give in IDoc-Receiver-Channel to get the incoming IDoc from external System (nonSAP) to be processed!

Because i made the same with another System i am not able to figure out what is wrong now. When i try to do a connection test i get error:

ERROR: program XXX not registered

Therefore i checked in SMGW, found the former registered program for the other system, but the new one is not visible. After this i recreated the destination, Test failed again, program is not appearing!

What might be the problem?!

br

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you must activate the corresponding rfc channel in your ID for you rfc destination.

otherwise,you must be gonna run into the error.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

carsten

if u are in ecc use thi report to list all the registered server program : RS_COL_TOOL_SHOW_REGSERVERS

<ecc check with this report: RSGETALL_REG_SERVERS

see if u can find the registered program u have created is listed for use

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i have a TCP/IP Destination in SM59 where a "registered program" is used to call this RFC-Destination!

This i have to give in IDoc-Receiver-Channel to get the incoming IDoc from external System (nonSAP) to be processed!

>>>

It should be a R3 connection and not TCP/IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well as i wrote before i already did this with another nonSAP-System and all worked out!

And there is no option for entering a "registered Program" to be "called" from the external system also!

any suggestions?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i have got a Question:

I followed this blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step from Michal. This seems only to be a Test for getting connection between RFC-Destination and Metadata-Repository!? Am i right?!

This connection know works out, no error!! In my point of view because of haveing the metadata loaded now i am also able to connect the external system to the XI via this RFC-Destination! Am i right?! Could someone please advice me with some further information?!

br

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well mikes blog focuses on getting an RFC connectivity for a Sender RFC adapter. Now for a RFC sender the connection type for the destination is of type TCP/IP.

But what i pointed out earlier is that in case u are using a IDoc adapter, then the RFC destination should be of type R3. I hope you got the point i am trying to make.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carsten,

You can do that from commandline successufully, if that helps great..However your issue is different...

run the startrfc.exe and see parameters....that can be done

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

well mikes blog focuses on getting an RFC connectivity for a Sender RFC adapter. Now for a RFC sender the connection type for the destination is of type TCP/IP.

But what i pointed out earlier is that in case u are using a IDoc adapter, then the RFC destination should be of type R3. I hope you got the point i am trying to make.

Well i got ur point. But since we have some other scenario which runs that way i doubt that i know need to add a Destination of type R3 since it is also a nonSAP System.

But what are ur steps of connecting an external nonSAP-System or even a program to a R3-System (here it is XI)?!

Can u explain in detail??!

br