cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AS Java in a multihomed server environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

We are about to install a BI, EP and SCM Development environment and we're considering using a server network to handle the communications between the servers so that it doesn't 'hit' the client network.

I read an old SAP Network Integration Guide (BTW - does anyone know whether this has been updated in the last 3-4 years? I'm damned if I can find a recent copy!), which explains how to do this, but the guide is so old it doesn't mention anything about Java or Netweaver.

My question is - is it still recommended to split client and server traffic across different networks in a SAP Java environment?

Many thanks,

Arwel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My question is - is it still recommended to split client and server traffic across different networks in a SAP Java environment?

Hi Arwel,

It's always good idea to use a separate VLAN for the communication between your servers.

regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are planning your system landscapes. You can find some doc about SLD.

BI, EP,SCM,ERP are all based on NetWeaver(ABAP&Java application server).

I don't know much about network transport problems. We have several NetWeaver, ERP, BI,EP in different locations. Everything is all right. Only portal demand more brandwith. SAP GUI is OK.