cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To control the frequency of Idocs to be posted in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our scenario is from flat file to Idoc,When Idoc is getting posted,it is invoking BAPI.

Idocs are getting posted frequently.

In our case whts is happening,when one Idoc is posted,The BAPI will be locked by that Idoc,when 2,3 and 4th,etc.Idocs will come then those Idocs are failing as BAPI is locked by the first Idoc.Is there any way in XI with which we can control the posting of Idocs in SAP,So that all the Idocs will be getting posted successfully and BAPI will not be locked when the 2,3 and 4th,etc. will come?

Best Regards,

Harleen Kaur Chadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There must be more ways. But right now i could think of using BPM and wait step to make the XI store the idoc for some time.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

You can try using a background task to process the idocs in SAP ECC by changing the function module processing in WE20 in SAP ECC.

Regards,

Matias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

as per u changes will be done in SAP system,I want some way in XI,Whether in repository or dirctory where we can control the flow of Idocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

By definition the incoming IDOCs in ECC should go to a queue, to avoid blocking calls and make an asynchronous scenario. Then ECC will process each IDOC of the queue when the resources are available.

Maybe I just don't understand how this BAPI is affecting the idocs that come after the first one with problems. What are the problem syntoms? any error message? XI should be able to send all IDOCs to ECC without failing and then ECC should process them in without affecting XI.

If you go to tn BD87 in ECC, what are the statuses of the IDOCs?

Are you using a standard IDOC ? is your BAPI stateless?

Regards,

Matias.

Edited by: Matias Denker on Jan 7, 2008 11:51 AM