cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Tree structure in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to develop tree structure in my VC application. Can any one of you please suggest me the steps to do it.Its very urgent please can any one help me out in this.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neelam,

Can u be more specific, wht is your requirement exactly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Thanks for your reply,

-Service offering

-Methodology1

-phase1

-Workpackage1

-activity1

-task1

+activity2

+activity3

+workpackage2

+workpackage3

+phase2

+phase3

+Methodology2

+Methodology3

this is my tree structure. Along with these i will be having a check box with each of them i can select any thing from the above tree structure and save the selected items into backend system

Regards,

Neelam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam,

I don't know a really good way to do this. I recommened you to do this with Webdynpro, there you can simple build a tree structure. In VC you can display the tree structure in a table and must do the drill down in the backend, but this is no good solution.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I am also facing the similar problem. As you have told in this forum I have tried to create a tree structure in web dynpro,but can you please give a step by step solution for this.

"In VC you can display the tree structure in a table and must do the drill down in the backend"

can you be more clear...

Thanks

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

if you want to solve it with webdynpro it depends on your skills in java and abap. There are books available to start with webdynpro and there are examples for building tree structures with Webdynpro.

[Java Webdynpro|http://www.sappress.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H983]

[ABAP Webdynpro|http://www.sappress.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H1916]

If you want to do it in VC you have to write e.g. an ABAP rfc function module, which returns you the tree with the information about childnode, parentnode and so on, so that you can display it in the table. But if the users click on sort then the tree is "destroyed". You can also display only a few levels of your tree and when you select a certain node a drill down is done by calling a rfc which returns the child nodes of the corresponding node.

But I think the solution with VC is not the best. Use webdynpro for this requirements.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your valuable reply.I have done tree structure in Java webdynpro.Now I want to do Integration of a Tree Structure in a Web Dynpro Table. I got a tutorial also. But unable to get the "TutWD_TreeByNestingTableColumn_Init.zip" mentioned in the tutorial. I have searched to download also. But its not there. If you are having then please post it.Its urgent. I have to complete it within two hours.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but I haven't the Zip file. Can you try to send a request to the tutorial author?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to find the code sample TutWD_TreeByNestingTableColumn_Init.zip in SDN and did not find it. Can some one help me here.

Thanks!

Answers (0)