cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from backup (return to previos version)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

If I update my ITS to the latest version and after that notice some kind of problems - I want to remove latest patch or downgrade ITS to the version when everything worked fine. What are the correct steps to do that?

Of course, I can reinstall ITS and apply the patch level which I need - but can I go back from higher ITS version to lower one without reinstalling ITS?

I haven't find any Windows registry entries concerning ITS and ITS patches - just those for connection to SAP - which for my opinion shouldn't be changed due to patching. So there appears a question - is it possible to rewrite all files of ITS instances from backup in order to restore the previous version?

I've already tried to do that - everything seems to work fine. It shows in ITS Administration the privious version for all instances. But I'm afraid there will arise some other problems later which I don't see from the first look.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Rorijs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ralph_resech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rorijs,

you are right, ITS (6.20) does not use any registry keys beside the ones Windows need to register a service.

You can just copy the files from your backup but don't forget the MIME files which are usually stored somewhere else in the web servers directory on the WGate they have to be on the same level as the templates.

If you are not sure about your backup I would anyway use the installer for the previous patch. The installer only takes a few more minutes for doing the work you otherwise have to do for yourself.

HTH

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ralph!

Thanks for your answer!

Best regrds,

Rorijs

Answers (0)