cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating 3rd parties db table using JDBC adapter at sender side

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

i just want to know how i can updated the 3rd party db table field.

my scenario is just to retrieve data from 3rd party DB table where the condition is like " to select records where processed (field name ) = " ".

but i just need to update this field to x immediately after retrieving data from it.

so i simply wote the sql statement select REC_NO, ACTN_DAT, METRNO, MET-READ from PHAKAMA_CONN where processed = " ". under jdbc CC query sql stmt at sender side .

but i want to know how we can updated the processed (field ) from " " to "x"immeidtely after retrieving.

so could any body advice me how we can achiev this through UPDATE SQL STMT under sender jdbc cc.i just want to know wat stmt do we need to srite under this.

waiting for u r response.

cheers.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you asking how to specify the query in the channel or where to specify it?

In sender channel you have fields to specify 2 queries. One for the selecting the data, other is for updating any flags as such. This is the appropriate place to mention the update query/

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Execute your Select statement as needed and in the sender jdbc communication channel in the update SQL statement give this:

UPDATE <tablename> SET <fieldname> = 'X' WHERE <fieldname>= ' '

Also just to make sure if you have access to the database just login and execute this statement which should give the results as expected. If this works here successfully then it executes the same in XI also.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi .

sorry i just want to know HOW i could make sure whether the field in table at sender party is updated r not, if i executed the scenario by providing this update stmt under sender jdbc CC in (update sqlquery).

if i have logon parameters for that sender jdbc i can but i doesnt have that.

so could nay body tell me how we can make sure if sender jdbc table filed is udated r not through XI.

waiting for u r anser.

cheers.

seeta ram.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the communication channel at jdbc sender, specify this

Update tablename Set fieldname = "x" where fieldname = " ".

Regards,

Prateek