cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrytion in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a file-XI-file scenario, where I need to encrpt the file. We have the propreitary software for encryption which has OS commands for the same purpose.. How do i integrate this with XI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ssg,

Have a look at the blog by sridar

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/16/using-digital-signatures-in-xi

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Priyanka. I had looked at this blog before, but ignored it becoz it was primarily to do with digital signatures..

Michal, talks about using the module processor.. Have any one here used the module processor to encrypt data previously?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

We also have same scenario.If you have propreitary software for encryption

then why are you using Module.We have decided that we will execute the batch file

in Execute OS Command on file adapter.The batch file will contains the commands used by

software to encrypt the data.We have not tested it.

Please let me know if you do some research on this.

Thanks.

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remember that the OS ommand will be executed only after the file is picked up.

Look for <b>Executing Operating System Commands</b> in the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

You have to use modules to encrypt the data. I do not think there is any other option.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rekha and Shravan..

Rekha, the encryption needs to happen in File receiver. the software we have, actually encrypts the data in inputs file and stores the output file in a different path.. And I need to send the encrypted output file to the external file system. As shravan pointed out, Not sure if this is feasible using OS command.. I will keep you posted when I make further progress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using command line encryption software, so we are going with the OS commands to do encryption /decryption.

As the OS command is executed only after the receive/send process, We need to do this as two interfaces.. We are planning to do as follows

1) Pick a file -> Encrypt using OS commands in receiver adapter and store the encrypted file in Loc 'A'

2) Pick the encrypted file from Location 'A' and FTP it to our partner

Is there a way to do this in one step (using BPM?)

Thanks