Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI PO Acknowledgements(855)- A Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have the following business process.

I want to know the best possible technical solution.

Customer send a PO (850 Signal).

We map it to ORDERS.ORDRES05 IDOC and it creates a Sales Order in the SAP ERP System.

This scenario is working fine.

Now the customer wants a PO Acknowledgement signal (EDI 855) in response to his 850 signal.

We are planning to trigger an Order Response Idoc ORDRSP.ORDERS05 whenever an order gets created.

and map that IDOC to 855 signal.

But the problem is , how do we send a negative 855 signal in case the 850 doesn't create an Order in the backend succesfully?

I want to know how do we acknowledge the Po in both case.

i.e. When the PO succesfully creates the Sales Order in our system and when it doesn't.

Please let me know your valuable comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Have a look on this pdf.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b...

One thing is sure that you have to use BPM in your scenario. Probabily you can configure the IDoc in such a way that whenever it get failed, the same exception should be sent to BPM as an error acknowledgement.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sarvesh,

The problem with this type of a solution is that the IDOC acknowledgement ALEAUD doesn't have all the other information that is necessary to map to 855 document.

More over, when you configure the IDOC acknowledgement, you cannot capture the payload of the ALEAUD to map it to something.

Thanks for the intent to help me though.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> More over, when you configure the IDOC acknowledgement, you cannot capture the payload of the ALEAUD to map it to something.

This can actually be done. You would need a setting in SXMB_ADM to do this. Check Section 6 of this document for this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

Ofcourse the original problem is not resolved. Maybe you have 2 scenario's

1. The OrderResponse is triggered for Valid PO's

2. For Invalid PO's AleAduit is triggered. Maybe if you need more info, you do a Lookup against the PO number to get the required info and so on.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I will definitely try your suggestion also.

But I am still wondering, if there is a refined way of handling this PO Acknowledgement scenario , because of this scenario looks like a very common one to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Have question here. What do you mean by a negative ack?

Wouldt SAP seend you the PO response irrespective of pos or neg?

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh,

What I mean by Positive and Negative is

1) If the 850 signal is succesfully creating a sales Order in R/3->It in turn triggers ORDRSP.ORDERS05 Idoc. This Idoc will be mapped to 855 signal.

This will be considered +Ve acknowledgement for that PO.

2) If the 850 signal doesn't create an SAP Sales Order, Ideally the customer who sent the PO should know that his 850 was faulty. The Customer would know that only if he gets an 855 signal with some EDI Segment telling that the PO was rejected.

This type of 855 will be considered as negative acknowledgement.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

First when you get read the EDI file you can send them a functional acknowledgement for the order so that the partner would know that his orders have recieved by your company.

Then once you map the edi file with orders idoc assuming your orders will be created then you will create a order response idoc and send them back the edi file. If the orders is not processed then also you create a response for the failed orders and send them back the edi file, here for this reponses when they load they will come to know that this orders are failed and also populate in the edi file why the orders are failed. On a high level you can design like this.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

can you help me understand, how do we go about this

" If the orders is not processed then also you create a response for the failed orders and send them back the edi file,".

Is there any setting that has to be done in the R/3, or should be write ABAP code in the user exits of Idoc processing function modules?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

For every orders you processed in SAP you are writing a response back. If the orders are failed then the question comes is why they have failed. When you get the edi files they may fail if the sender partner is not available in your list. Since you are using edi files I am assuming you are usign Seeburger then for this scenario you will not have a splitter. Then in this scenario your default splitter will come into picture and from there you can receive a mail stating this orders are failed.

If the above scenario is fine then it comes into R3 for processing. So they may fail during processing because of some reasons. So based upon this you will receive an response idoc. Ravi frankly I am not good in ABAP so I would also suggest to post the same in ABAP forums also. So once the idoc doesnot processed then you have to see why it is not processed. So depending upon your functionality you can decide whether to send a response idoc or not.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Yes we use Seeburger .

I totally understand where you are coming from, but it am looking for that particular solution, wherein i should get a ORDRSP Idoc from R/3 irrespective of a succesfull creation of an order or otherwise.

anyways, thanks for your time.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana