cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating DB21 list of tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The entries in DB21 list should be entered manually ?

Or are automatic retrieved from the data dicionary ?

By the way, which transaction gives all and all tables

in the SAPR3 instalatuion ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

uwe_theisinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I have also a Problem with db21.

I want to exlude some tables from update statistic described in note 411773.

So i can maintain the table via db21 in our development System, but not in Q or Produktion System.

There i get the error message 'no changes to customizing'.

I try to change the table via sm30, but it is not possible to add the changed Object to a Transport.

The only way i know to change the entries ist via sqlplus see note 403704/1020260.

Or is there a other way to change the entries?

regards

Uwe

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

> Or is there a other way to change the entries?

Of course you can transport the entries. Create an empty transport and add a task to it. After that add the table to the transported objects with a filter on the column DBOBJ. After that only these entries will be exported and you can import them via STMS in your Q or P system.

The other "unclean" way is to manipulate the table DBSTATC manually in your Q or P system.

SE16n -> Enter the tablename -> &sap_edit in the command field -> F8

After that you can insert/modify/delete entries in the table.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rui,

>The entries in DB21 list should be entered manually ?

The transaction DB21 is a transaction to maintain the table DBSTATC.

The entries must be entered manually and in most case the default of SAP is good for the statistic collection. Personally I needed this table only for making histograms.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a0/7d1020dac8994fa63ff270dbceb87f/content.htm

> By the way, which transaction gives all and all tables in the SAPR3 instalatuion ?

The information is provided in DB02 or DB02n => Detailed Analysis => Object Type: TABLE

Regards

Stefan

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Stephan, the table is updated manually.

During the change from SAPDBA to BRCONNECT or if you change from 2 step statistic calculation to 1 step you need to "refresh" the table. See note 403704.

There are other cases when it is recommended to "refresh" the table; when you upgrade to 10g you are recommended to run a script that will update this table(see note) or after an upgrade (see note 102590)

but you will have to reenter manually all special changes you have done