cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS 4.6 on Integrated ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to run ESS4.6 on Integrated ITS? We are installing EP6 on WAS6.4 and would like to use this integrated ITS instead of a standalone ITS.

Regards

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for integrated ITS to work you need WAS 6.4 ABAP engine.

check the following weblog.

/people/srinivasarao.gv2/blog/2005/06/11/configuring-ess-in-sap-enterprise-portal-60

Regards

Raja

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durairaj,

are you sure that ESS is processed by integrated ITS? This would require that you define the ESS services in ICF. In your weblog I see nowhere these steps. I also see there a ITS URL scripts/wgate which point to an external ITS 6.20. I never saw a running ITS-based ESS on a NetWeaver 2004 running, therefore I am curious if you really did it run.

Best regards,

Klaus

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I have not worked in ESS. i was not sure whether Integrated ITS can be used in ESS4.6. thats why i mentioned in my answer that "<i><b>for integrated ITS to work you need WAS 6.4 ABAP engine</b></i>."

Sorry, if my answer is confusing. Hope this makes things clear.

Regards

Raja

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the integrated ITS can be used with ESS or not depends on what you need/want. Note 758035 should answer this question.

Regards,

Jochen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cwcheong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Some useful notes for your consideration on this decision which depend on your environment. e.g. Restriction ITS- ESS Based in Int. ITS (mySAP ERP 2004)and implement without Ent. Portal. (Interim solution)

197746-main. strategy. ITS.txt

595385-converting pz21 to pz21_tc.txt

709038-SAP integrated ITS.txt

721993-ITS updates in Rel. 6.40 (SAP Int. ITS).txt

798532-Additions changes to the SAP Integrated ITS.txt

808347-int. ITS - preclarification and basic problem analysis.txt

841785-bwsp on integrated ITS.txt

890601-SAP Int. ITS updates for netw 2004s.txt

890606-netweaver 2004s - Int. ITS new features.txt

758035-ITS Based ESS services for mysap erp 2004.txt

Hope it is useful and you would appreciate it. Thks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Summary....the answer is no. ITS based iViews in the 46 ESS BP cannot run on Int.ITS. They require standalone 620ITS. Cannot remember the note but you'll find it if you look for it. Its also clearly written in the ERP2004 Installation guide.

Mr.T