cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS in the Java stack of a Dialog instance on Windows + CI on iSeries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the document "Using Adobe Document Services with SAP on IBM DB2 for i5/OS".

-

Summary of the document -

There are two possible technical scenarios:

1. ADS in the Java stack of a Dialog instance on Windows

1.1. ABAP+Java dialog instance on Windows

1.2. Java dialog instance on Windows

2. ADS in a SAP system on a supported platform

2.1. ABAP+Java central instance on Windows/Unix

2.2. Java central instance on Windows/Unix

The document recomammeds technical scenario 1, that is, install a Windows Dialog instance.

Choosing an ABAP+Java or Java system depends on the usage scenario for Interactive Forms:

- Interactive PDF use: Java mandatory, ABAP+Java possible

- Interactive use in SAP Maanger Self_Services/batching of forms:

ABAP+Java mandatory but Note 993612 describes the status for NW04s SP12 onwards.

-

End of summary -

Our prefered rechnical scenario is: "1.2. Java dialog instance on Windows" to minimice resources.

Our usage scenario for Interactive Forms includes "SAP Manager Self- Services".

Our interpretation of note 993612 is that we do not need double stack installation. Could you confirnm this ?.

If yes, we are going to install a Java Dialog instance on Windows connected to our Java Central instance on iSeries (our SAP Portal system) to use ADS.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Torrell,

your statements sound reasonable, also including SAP Note 993612.

To decide, though, whether a single stack would be enough (especially based on the aforementioned note), you will need the advise of an ADS application expert (or someone else who has implemented your scenario, independent of the platform).

I thus assume that you will not get an answer in this forum. Your question is ADS application specific.

When you know for sure that a single stack will be enough, your approach to use a Windows dialog instance will be fine.

Best regards, Barbara