cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA and Enterprise Portal Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have implemented a CUA landscape. My enterprise portal installation needs to be connected to a child system of the CUA system. I have some users in the portal already.

1) If I integrate the portal to the CUA, will I loose the users in the portal already?

2)How will the portal administrator role be impacted when the portal is included into the CUA?

3) how will the users in the portal be assigned portal content when the integration is complete?

Thanks in advance.

Collins

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information is helpful.

Our Scenario:

We are using portal with CUA userbase.

But, now we want to use the portal for a Non-CUA system( this system is not part of CUA) users.

How can I set up the portal authentication ? Can I setup two user bases ?

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveesh,

Can you give me a To-Do list of steps required in configuring the CUA with the Portal (with users already)?

Collins,

P.S:Dont worry, I'll definitely reward points.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collins,

Thanks for your words and considering for rewarding. I am thankful for that. Well I have also answered to one of your question in some other post today please check that as well.

Please go through the following link which explains the configuration of CUA.

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/270bea613d2443bad6ce0524f08ca0/frameset.htm</b>

I am also consoliditing all the main points in few steps, these are the main steps while configuring CUA:

<b>1. Log on to the SAP System TT1 client 200.

2. Review the definition of the logical systems and the assignment of logical system to the clients in Transaction SALE.

3. Perform a connection test of RFC destination you want.

4. Review the CUA system landscape(Transaction SCUA).

5. Review the configuration for the field distribution (Transaction SCUM)

6. Display Lof files for Central User Administration( Transaction SCUL).</b>

I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collins,

No problem even if you have users of the portal and you have connected it to CUA.

<b>Ques 1) If I integrate the portal to the CUA, will I loose the users in the portal already?</b>

<b>Ans:</b> No, all the users of the portal will be intact. They are stored in portal DB and its different from the R/3 Datasource.

<b>Ques 2)How will the portal administrator role be impacted when the portal is included into the CUA?</b>

<b>Ans:</b> There will be no impact on the roles assigned to the user and administrator. They will act as it is.

<b>Ques 3) How will the users in the portal be assigned portal content when the integration is complete?</b>

<b>Ans:</b> When the user in Portal will be integrated with CUA then portal content assigned to this user will be stored in Portal DB and the corresponding data for this user will reside in R/3 client. So the user in portal can be assigned the portal content very easily.

I hope this helps you. If any problem then please revert back.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points.