cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate Submit Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My VC Application 1 input form, has an input field and a submit button. If button is pressed, data is displayed in the table.How can i give a validation on the submit button.

Right now If i dont enter any value on the input field, and if i press the button, it populates data in the table. In the control properties of the button, i have set condition, in

"Disabled=true" - #ID[ACAMTC]@PARTNER==0

But still the same. Could anybody please help me out in this issue.

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

For your required validation follow below steps..

1) Click on to the Layout tab on VC Dash board.

2) Select Input field to be validated.

3) Right Click on the same and select "Properties" from the menu. Control properties pop up box appeared.

4) Click on the "General" tab of the same.

5) Check "Required" property to TRUE. Then it become mandatory field.

Please test and let me know if you have any problems.

Regards,

Prashant

Do Rewards Points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acually setting a field to required does not help. The button will still trigger an action with no input value. Your best solution would be do set a guard condition on the line between your form and your data service that has to result to true for your query to be triggered.

Click on the line. In field for guard condition set: BOOL(IF(LEN(@STR1)>1,true,false))

This example checks if field has one or more characters for the action to be triggered and sets the guard condition to true if this checks out OK, false if not.

Henning Strand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning Strand,

We have the similar issue but its not taking for 0CALMONTH fields which i have used input fields as calmonth from and to.we have the similar issue posted in th following Thread.

Can you please help us out if there is any solution.

Thank You,

K.Srinivas Rao.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

If possible make the input field manditory..It will populate the table only if u select something from input form.

Regards,

Anshul

Edited by: Anshul Bhat on Jan 7, 2008 2:54 PM