SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding EMIGALL tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to load premise data into SAP IS-U using EMIGALL tool what is the procedure to load the data.

please reply.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you further specify your question?

Have you already prepared the input file? Which step of the upload is unclear to you?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you further specify your question?

Have you already prepared the input file? Which step of the upload is unclear to you?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually i have to populate data into only 6 fields,

and the data will be available in the EXCEL sheet.

my question is whether we have to define field rules in filed maitenance screen. what option have to select in the processing type 3.

please reply,

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can get the documentation of EMIGALL in SAP,

Go to Transaction EQ81

Some points about EMIGALL :

1. It Migrates data Business Object wise

2. It uses Direct Input Technique

3. It has more than 100 objects of IS-U

Steps

1)Create a user specially for migration which will have all the authorizations related to migration workbench, BASIS and IS-U

2)Create your own company in EMIGALL. There is a default company called SAP.

3)Company SAP contains all the Business Objects

4)Figure out what business objects u need and then u have to copy those business objects to ur company from Standard Company SAP

5)Each objects contains more than one structure and each structure can contain more than one fields. The relation goes like this

Object ---> Structure ---> Field

6)Define field rules for each required field of the object. You have to mark "Not required" for fields u don't need

7)After field rules for a given object is set u have to generate load report i.e. actual Direct Input Program which will migrate data. This program is generated on basis of field rules set by u.

8)After the load report is generated u have to prepare an input file (import File) for migration. The import file should be according to structure provided by SAP and must be in binary format. SAP Provides the structure of file according to your configurations. You have to write ur own Data conversion program(in any language) for this task.

9)Import file as input and migrate the data using generated load program

10)Finally check the Migration Statistics and Error Log

Kanagaraja L