cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project name as a reference characteristic in CV01N transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to bring project names list from CJ20N to DMS. The project data has been stored in PROJ (Table)-PSPID(Field). I have to use this project data for DMS classification system. How can i extract project data defined at CJ20N and bring the same to DMS classification. I have tried with reference characteristics. But i did not get values related to project name. Please help me in this regard. I will award points to your effort.

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can use the Function Module 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2' using which you can update the Characteristic Values. Retrieve the values from your table and call this FM by passing the values in the table 'characteristicvalues'. Also you should populate the table 'classallocations' with the details like 'classname', 'classtype',..

Then the Characteristic fields in CV01N will reflect the values that you provide in the Function Module.

Regards

Vidhya

stefan_rhrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

to view values of a table in Classification (and DMS) you can use a function module.

To get help, press in CT04 - Tab "Values" -> "other value check" -> "Funct. module".

The press F1 and you get the SAP-Help.

You will need a function module

- for value check _BC.

Stefan Röhrl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan's idea is the right one. Use the example function module as a guide, and see the help for how to implement more.

espen