cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can I set the password of the User "j2ee_Admin"?

This is the initial system user for the Netweaver Platform. I can not get in, because this is the only user for the Netweaver Platform.

Thanks

Ronald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If your system is J2ee of an ABAP system (users and auth managed in the ABAP) then SU01 and unlock/Change password.

Otherwise use configtool

Erez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Erez,

thanks for your Answer. Changing the password of the user in the SU01 takes no effect when I try to log in browser calling the portal.

How can I use the configtool? Where can I find it?

Greetings

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Configtool locates on /usr/sap/SID/..../j2ee/configtool/..

Erez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i changed the password in the configtool. I went in the Indenty Management with the "SAP*" User. I tried to set the password for the "j2ee_admin" user, because I could not log in with the "j2ee_admin" user in the User Management. I got the following error:

Error in the persistence:

"User "J2EE_ADMIN" cannot be created, updated or deleted (either own communication user or technical backend user)." Please call system administrator.

Thanks

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Depending on your configuration the situation may be different.

In a Double-Stack Environment where you have the JavaStack tied to an ABAP-Stack of the same SID your Usermanagement is typically handled by the ABAP-Stack in the client to which the Java-Stack is interfacing. If you cannot get into ABAP anymore you can rename the user SAP* in the respective client on DB-Level, make sure that "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" is not set to anything >0 and restart the system. You should then be able to log into the respective client with SAP* and a the wellknown hardcoded password. SAP* will be able to change the PW of J2EE_ADMIN.

In a Java-Only environment the Admin-User is normally named Administrator and the password can only be changed with the help of the superadmin User (SAP* again). You seemingly tried to use this method. The user needs to be activated and provided with a password in configtool, then you can restart the Java-System and SAP* can log in. In this phase no other user is able to log in and you need to deactivate SAP* and restart the system before everything is back to normal. SAP* can change the password of Administrator or any other user and/or unlock it.

The Admin User Password you describe in your postig is probably the one in the SecureStore and needs to be set correctly as well for SDM to work, changing this will not affect the real password of the user at all though, it's just a representation of the password from the UME.

If you use an independent UME-DataSource like a LDAP you will have to change the password(s) there although it's pretty unlikely that the main Admin-User (Administrator/J2EE_ADMIN) is NOT a local user.

Hope this helps. If you give us more details we will be able to provide more precise answers.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (0)