Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ2 (Inbound Queue) : Error occurred during character conversion

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SMQ2 an Inbound Queue has failed with status text "Error occurred during character conversion". The XML message inside this queue is in waiting status with status text " Scheduled for Outbound Processing" .

Even after cancelling this message from SXMB_MONI, and reposting the PO, still again the queue and the XML message inside the queue are in same status.

As this is in XI production system, requesting to provide some suggestion ASAP.

Thanks,

Mateen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mateen,

Check the trace level in your moni for any runtime error message and check the content in the inbound payload. Better to download the incoming payload and check for any invalid characters.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The message has not failed but it is in waiting status.There is no invalid character as I tested the mapping in design as it worked fine. Also plz note that the message is in waiting state " Scheduled for outbound processing". It has not yet reached Message Mapping part.

The payload is fine.

Thanks,

Mateen.

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Also there are no errors in the trace..I have laready cheched the payload and the trace and have posted this query.

Mateen.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

register the queue and activate

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

The queues are registered and activated.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the Queue status now...is it running or sysfail..if it is running ok...and how many messages are waiting in the queue..

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

The queue status is still sysfail. There is only 1 message waiting in the queue.

I think that the queue might be locked for some reason and after unlocking the queue and restarting the message, the message will get processed successfully.

But before working on this I want to make sure that the queue is locked.

Do you or anyone else know how and from where can I check whether the queue is locked or unlocked?

Regards,

Mateen.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in smqr

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

In SMQR I dont see any option from where I can check for Locked and Unlocked queues. Can you tell me how I can check that?

Regards,

Mateen.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

double clicking the queue name will take u further to another screen where u can find the lock and unlock options. and on further double clicking on the q will show the status of the q

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

This path you can get through SMQ2 as well ..it gives the status of the queue. The option to lock and unlock gives a facility to do so but it does not mentioned whether the queue is locked or not.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yep thats right u can se it in smq2 (inbound) aswell.....highlighted it for reference only. if the queue is locked u will see the status of the transaction as STOP under the coulmn function module , aslo the TID will be specified as lock.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the payload..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check for any characters that xi could not process in the payload