cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Directory in File Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am trying for a scenario (File to File) and I am not sure if the target directory is a directory in XI server or my local machine. I used HTML client to send the message to the adapter. Also if any of you could give clear idea about source and target direcory without pointing to any weblog, I would greatly appreciate it. As I have tried every weblog available with a word File in it.

Thanks

Thilothama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

The target directory is the directory in the XI .. andif you want to place the file in some other system USE FTP and give the directory and the user name and password.

let me know if you have any question.

thankx,

Shree

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama,

I've seen your previous posts and you never assigned any points. People in the forum spend their valuable time answering questions.

I request u to reward the people who have replied to your posts. IF u consider that the replies have helped u , u can assign,

2 points -- helpful

6 points -- very helpful

10 points -- problem solved..

If u are not able to see the assign point s button refer to this thread...

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt find the button near the post...also I am new to all these. I will make sure I do reward the points.

Thanks

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama,

It doesn't have to be the directory on XI server. It can be any directory on the network which is accessible. lets say your XI server is <b>sapxid</b>, and some file server is <b>fserv</b>, you can mention the directory <b>
fserv\yourdirectory</b>.

If you are using windows, you can map <b>fserv</b> to a local drive and use it (lets say <b>Z</b>).

Then your directory name will be <b>Z:\</b>

hope this helps.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

if you choose transfort protocol as NFS then source/target directory then use XI server directory .

If you choose transport protocol as FTP then you need to specify FTP directory for source/target.

Also refer this thred if you want to read file from local system...

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal