cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving a inbound xml file in Business Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is we are receiving an inbound xml file at the BC end from a third party application.

We have configured the url in the third party end as follows -

http://ip address of BC:port address/invoke/Folder/Service

When the file is posted, the xml file is normally routed to the service in the developer.

In the developer we are using the service load document to load the file from the url location.

But at present when a xml file is triggered from the third party application it is routed to the service, and on checking the url location http://ip address of BC:port address/invoke/Folder/Service the server slows down slowly and we are not able to access both the developer and administrator after this.

Are we following the correct steps, or else is there anyother way of receiving the inbound file in BC.

Any suggestions on this would be of great help.

Please let me know if we are going wrong anywhere.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I think since your document is getting routed to the specific service u need not use load document service. What you can do is use save pipeline to file service for saving the file in pipeline and record to document to convert it to record for further manipulations.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renita,

This problem can be produced by severals causes:

1.- What is the XML size? and What is the sizing of server?

2.- Have you got Java service implemented ? It's seems that it produced a infinitive loop?

3.- The implementation of the service is wrong. (Check the service)

4.- Peharps the memory size was a 100% of use and the server crash for this.

We recommend you open the Administrative Task and see how is the behaviour about the service and how is the memory increment in that moment as long as the problem was for server sizing.

Regards

Ivá

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi priye,

I am agreed with you approach, and this is what everyone do. :). So that is not a problem. May be something else will be the cause.

>>>>In the developer we are using the service load document to load the file from the url location

For load document, i don't think its necessary because using the URL post, you are submitting data directly to the Flow Service. So no need to do document load or anything. Also i am against to use the Save data in pipeline (savePipeline) service because when you transport this in production you need to comment this step otherwise it will give other problems when this will run.

if this approach is giving you performance problem, then try putting your xml file in you package directory and the write a file pooler and then parse this xml for ur use. this is one of the simple solutions.

hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful