cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heap memory and Private memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u guyz tell me...

Whats the diff. between private and heap memory?

What we have 2 do when wp goes to pri. or heap memory?

Edited by: sanjeeva reddy on Jan 9, 2008 4:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeva,

Always use help.sap.com search facility for such queries, its more likely you find detailed answers to your questions.

Check the following link for the different types of memories used by SAP Application Server:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/34/d9c8b6c23c11d188b40000e83539c3/frameset.htm

Also check the following link for details about Private memory:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/7a/caa6f3bfdb11d188b30000e83539c3/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your question is answered , please close this question.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please,

Choose a meaningful subject to you threads : "hello gurus" is NOT a subject".

Read the available documentation (help.sap.com, SDN, OSS notes), digest it and then, if you have a specific question, come back here...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Oliver,

Thx 4 ur suggestion .....

Can u tell me the answer for question....

Edited by: sanjeeva reddy on Jan 8, 2008 8:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you also write in plain english ?

Most of the readers here (like me) are not native English speakers.

We have a lot of difficulties to uderstand such writing :

>Thx 4 ur suggestion .....

Is it so difficult to write "Thank you for your suggestion" ?

I'm sorry but this behaviour just remove the will I may have to answer questions...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I think you are so sensitive.

I have used the words which normally use to write e-mails and etc.

See Olivier times will it take some extra time to write in full words so i use short cuts.ok

There is nothing else...ok dude i have written imn full words on your suggesion. ok

cheers,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeva,

Good to see you have taken Olivier advice.

Anyhow... Private mode is not a memory type... private mode is a process status and it happen when the system has exhausted all memory resources and can't allocate more into the specific WP. Basically the WP will remain in PRIV mode until the system free some resources.

This is a typical case of bad configuration... You need to tweak your memory parameters in order to avoid PRIV mode.

Regards

Juan

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Olivier,

>

> I think you are so sensitive.

> I have used the words which normally use to write e-mails and etc.

> See Olivier times will it take some extra time to write in full words so i use short cuts.ok

> There is nothing else...ok dude i have written imn full words on your suggesion. ok

>

> cheers,

Firstly, if you wish to write shorthand, why not go all the way? As far as I know there is no international standard for shorthand notations, so feel free to write as few letters as possible. Your posts will be short - but I don't think there will be more people reading them because of that.

And secondly, although among your age group it may be common to use such shorthand notations, you must consider

1) that some of us are way past 30 years and grew up in a time when reading and writing correctly was considered a good thing

2) that these shorthand notations may vary from country to country

Edited by: Craig Cmehil on Jan 10, 2008 8:55 AM

Edited by: Kjetil Kilhavn on Jan 10, 2008 4:54 PM:

Craig, I appreciate that you take your moderator serious, but since you left my post in what would correspond to a syntax error state I have no choice but to edit it and make sure that "secondly" actually has a preceding "firstly".