cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine name of central adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a central SLD set up. I am now moving some configuration and testing from our dev environment to our qa environment. When I do a cache notification from the Integration Directory I receive a message stating that "Unable to determine the name of the central Adapter Engine from the System Landscape Directory". When I look under the technical system type of Exchange Infrastructure of the system landscape directory I do not see the Adapter Engine of my QA or Production environment. I only see one central adapter engine listed. That of my development environment. It will not let me define another technical system to add these adapter engines because the button New Technical System is grayed out. How do I get these adapter engines defined in the SLD?

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also getting the same error when I do a Cache notification from the integration directory in development XI and the newly installed QA XI.

Now we can not log on to the SLD or Administration/Runtime WorkBench on dev as well as our QA system.

Our development XI environment was working prior to installing our QA XI environment, given that we are using a central SLD, could the fact that we have pointed QA Xi to the dev XI SLD have stopped the development environment working.

Regards

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darren,

I have not yet had my problem solved. I am going to enter an OSS note to SAP because in my case the Adapter Engines did not register themselves with the SLD. According to the SAP documentation, this should happen. Here are a couple of OSS notes that may help you out. 720717 and 721548.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darren,

Here is an SAP note that has solved my problem in our QA system. It deals with inconsistencies in the SLD. The note number is 764176.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jim!

Did you fix your problem? At my SLD the adapter engine and the directory are also not registered automatically like described in note 764176. RWB, repository and so on are shown correctly....

Thank you!

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also had the same problem. But when I opened Integration Directory and Repository from the links, it got added to the Technical system under Exchange Infrastructure. Only Adapter Engine was not getting added.

But after applying the note 764176. Adapter Engine added to SLD and after refreshing cache now Adapter Engine also got added to RWB components.

Only one problem now - in Message monitoring, If I select Adapter Engine from the drop down, I get page cannot be displayed. Is it due to the fact that I dont have any adapters configured?? and also no messages available for that matter?? as it is a fresh box..

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried the Adapter monitoring link

http://servername:port//mdt/amtServlet - this works fine but the adapter monitoring button points to a different url..I recently changed all the hostnames to Fully qualified names. So now, everything should point to the fully qualified name. But in Component Monitoring - the adapter engine host name is not FQDN. I checked the Exchange profile - everything is full name.. Where else do i check..Please suggest..Anyone with similar problems??

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

804124 - solved the problem...

Thanks for the help everyone...