cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 Adapter.. How i can receive the MDN messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Doing IDOC to EDI scenario.

Iam using AS2 adapter to send the messages to partner system and i need to receive the MDN from partner system.

1. what are configuration settings i need to provide in AS2 receiver adapter?

2. I need to put option as Refer MDN to XI system..?

3. Is it necessary to create one more Sender channel and sender agreement to recevie the MDN?

4. Why we have the option as Asynchronous MDN settings in AS2 sender adapter ?.

Kindly let me know if anyone knows the answers.

Thanks & Regards

Seema.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

A,

for MDNs - Refer MDNs to XI system means, that it will be processed like a standard message. So you can save it to file system (using file adapter), post it (using SOAP) etc. My experience showed me, that it was a mistake to put it on, because we don't need to do anything with these messages (and I created a "summy" communication channel (SOAP with URL: http://dummy)) and this causes erro in these messages. So if you don't need to do anything with these MDNs, inactivate this in you adapters.

One more thing: you can only process MDNs received from the partner, you will not see anywhere in IE MDNs sent to your partner.

B,

For MDNs create only 1 interface and it will be used in sender agreement as well as in the receiver agreement. Since there is the same intf name & namespace for both , there is no need to use interface or receiver determination.

C,

Yes, you must create sepaarte configuration for MDNs

Peter

Edited by: Peter Jarunek on Mar 31, 2008 3:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it necessary to create one more Sender channel and sender agreement to recevie the MDN?

Regarding this,it's necessary to create one sender channel and sender agreement because only den it will receive messages from the business system and send to IE.For sending data to IE,u need a sender channel & sender agreement.

Here u have to configure sender AS2 adapter.u also have option how ur message is delievered to XI system either as main document or attachment

Regarding ur point 1 & 2.refer AS2 manual.

Thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anoop for the answer.

So if i want to do the scenario for Idoc to EDI.

then the steps will be..

- AS2 rcv adapter -- to send the message to partner.

- all remaining steps like sx agreement,rx agreement,interface deter,Rx determination to send the actual msg.

- Again one AS2 sender channel to receive the MDN from partner for the same scenario

- one sender agreement for MDN.

TO receive the MDN.. no need of rx agreement,interface determination,rx agrrement??

If we want to see the MDN.. how we can see it?

3.I have a scenario where, once i receive my MDN message and with the help of Data in MDN message , i need to update my custom table in SAP by inbound processing.Is it possible??

Please help me.

Regards

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDN files are written to MessageIDStore file.

U can check this files in any of dese urls :

http://<host>:50000/SeeburgerMonitor/monitor

http://<host>:50000/seeburger.

Regarding ur third point,i hadn't tried same but should have been possible as u will be getting a file for MDN.So,u can use that file and update custom table.

Thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

The steps whcih i written for 1 and 2 points is correct for Idoc to EDI scenario ??

Where i need to send the Actual message to partner and receive the MDN message from partner.

Thanks

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ur first point is correct.

Regarding second point,in addition to sender agreement and sender channel for MDN,u have to create a file channel for receiver to receive that file and so receiver agreement too.

Hope it clears ur doubt now.

Thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop & All,

Sorry for the late reply.

I need to recieve the Asynchornous MDN to the XI system.No need to post in any server.

So in this case.. Sender Communication channel and Sender agreement is enough right??

No need of RX determination,Interface determination,RX agreement.??

If yes then in the sender agreement what is the message interface i need to give..

Can i give any name like AS2_MDN like the way we do in any Bypass scenario by giving dummy interface name.??

Waiting for your answer.

Regards

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have a receiver agreement.

no need for intf & rcvr determinations.

P