cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link a non-standard object to a Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to attach a non-standard object (e.g. Product Line) to a Document.

What changes in the customizing and the standards I need to do.I am not able to figure out that.

Please let me know.

The requirement is very urgent.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Points are guaranteed to the useful answers.

Regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

You will need to create your own screen for this purpose.

The Business Add-In (BAdI) DOCUMENT_OBJ should be implemented

from the document side.

On the object side, the object link has to be integrated through the APIs of the function group CV140. In case of SAP-objects, it deals with a modification

In the R/3 system, the interface for this BAdI is defined and the call of the implementation is programmed in the application programs for the document processing.

In the program of document management, its subscreens are called from the subscreen container 1500.

You create a program for it, which calls the subscreens. Then you must perform the implementation.

The Implementation contains information regarding the program in which the subscreens to be called are present. For instance, in the implementation, you record the subscreens for the document processing and document search.

things to do:

Maintain screen for object link

for the subscreen container 1500, enter the screen number 500.

The application program in SAP-System in this case takes over the flow logic for the subscreen container 1500.

This configuration is done under Control parameters Maintain screen for object link.

Maintain key fields

Enter the object. Other configuration (e.g. transaction code) is not necessary.

Specify object link for document type

For the document type that you want to link to the new SAP-object, make an entry for the object link.

These settings are made under Control parameters ,Define document types Maintain text for object link and Specify object link.

thanks

Aravinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravinda,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I am pretty much new to the concept of DMS. Hence not able to understand that much about the solution.

There are a few questions in regard to your reply. Please resolve them.

1. When we say 'You will need to create your own screen for this purpose.: Does that mean I need to modify the function group CV140 or CV130 to add my own screen or I can do without touching the standard function groups.

2. On the object side, the object link has to be integrated through the APIs of the function group CV140. In case of SAP-objects, it deals with a modification : What does this mean??

3. You create a program for it, which calls the subscreens. Then you must perform the implementation. : Could you please elaborate this.

Thanks a lot for ur reply once again.

Looking forward to ur answer.

Regards,

Himanshu