cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartstyles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am just curious on the text of smartforms. I would like to display a text in font "times roman, size 24, bold & italic". I have added it in the smartstyles, and format the text this in style in my smartforms text. But after running it in print preview, the text shown seems to become other kind of font, it seems like Bold & Italic Arial with smaller size, such as 20.

What should I do? Kindly advise.

regards,

ginnie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this will help u in solving ur problem.

You have to use Smart Styles to define barcode text fields. Create or maintain a smart style to attach to your form.

There you create a Character format,

Creating Character Formats

Use

You use character formats to assign special output attributes to sections of texts or character

strings within a paragraph. You must choose a different name for each character format.

For a character format, you can choose among the following attributes:

o Superscripting/subscripting the character string

o Barcode

o Font attributes (font family, font size, bold/italic, underlined, color)

You maintain barcodes in transaction SE73. If you want to display a field or a

number chain as barcode, choose the Standard settings tab. In the Name field select

the desired barcode key. After activating the Smart Style, assign the character format

to the field or character string in the PC Editor.

Procedure

5. In change mode of the Smart Style select the Character formats node and choose Create.

6. In the Character format field enter a two-character character key.

7. Select the desired attributes on the individual tab pages.

8. Choose Activate.

Also,

To define text formats we use smartstyles... we can create default paragraphs, fonts, numbering and outline, character formats etc...the transaction code for this is SMARTSTYLES

once we create the next node in the output options we can mention the smartstyle name..then we get the list of all the paragraph,character formats as a dropdown in the general attributes tab...

Features of smartstyle:

A Smart Style contains:

• Header data containing the default values of a Smart Style

• Paragraph formats including indents and spacing, font attributes, tabs, and outline and numbering

• Character formats including effects (superscript, subscript), barcode and font attributes

• Colors and underlines for a paragraph or character format

• Preview

You can convert an existing SAPscript style into a Smart Style.

How to create smartstyle

1. Choose transaction SMARTSTYLES.

The initial Smart Styles screen appears.

2. Enter the style name.

3. To create a Smart Style choose Create.

4. To activate an exisiting Smart Style choose Activate.

Before you can use a Smart Style in a Smart Form and transport it, you must activate it. During the activation the system checks the Smart Style for errors and, if it detects any, displays an error list.

with regards,

Hema Sundara..

pls reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I created my text style in that way and that is exactly the text style i want when previewing in smartstyles's preview or in the "Text" node in smartforms.

But it's too bad that it does not display exactly what I want when I run the smartforms in print preview.

Do you have any idea?

regards,

Huai Ying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginnie,

This is pretty easy.. what you do is go the node you created for your smartform.. or you want to use this style for all the text on your smartform then you should go and click on Form Attributes under Global Settings.. top left of the window.. and then under Output Options tab click on the style field and choose the smart style you just created.

If you want the smartstyle to be displayed only on one particular text node.. then select that node and then under Output Options tab change the style just as above.

I hope this helps.. let me know.

Thanks,

Val.

Answers (0)