cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI SOAP Adapter attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use the sender SOAP adapter to respond synchronously with an attachment to a SOAP request. Would someone be able to help in explaining how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an XML file that needs to be sent as part of the response to a SOAP request. It is part of a larger problem. I'll explain the larger problem in case it helps.

A user will use a SOAP message to trigger a process that produces a file. They will then attempt to get the file using a SOAP message periodically. It may be available or it might not when they try. If not they get a not ready response. When the file is available it will be sent as the response to the SOAP message. I was trying to include the file in the SOAP body but it appears to be too large (up to 100MB) for XI to handle so my thinking was to send the file as a compressed attachment if that is possible. The question is how do you attach a compressed file to the SOAP response.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way to achieve this functionality. The only option would be to write ur own module at the SOAP receiver which may create an attachment.

Regards,

Prateek

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philip,

Can You please clarify what you are looking for...

Regards

Ravi Raman