cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch split line in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my system, I have configured automatic batch determination for my delivery item category.

Now when the system determines the batch, even if there is one batch, the system creates a batch split line (with line number as 900001).

Is this a standard system behaviour?

Is there a way that we can have only one line if there is just one batch and go to a batch split line only when there are more than 1 batches.

pls let me know. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

please do the follow .

SPRO: LOGISTIC EXECUTION->SHIPPING->DELIVERIES->DEFINE ITEM CATEGORIES

Choose the item categories you use and check the flag "autobatchdeterm".

Make sure that you have the right item category determination for the delivery type with Usage: CHSP (take delivery LF as an example). The path is:

SPRO: LOGISTIC EXECUTION->SHIPPING->DELIVERIES->DEFINE ITEM CATEGORY DETERMINATION.

Then you have to activate the ATP check in delivery process:

SPRO: SALES..->BASIC FUNCTION->AVAILABILITY..->AVAILABILITY CHECK->AVAILABILITY CHECK WITH ATP LOGIC->CARRY OUT CONTROL...

you have to check the configuration for the combination:

CH Batches - B SD delivery and

02 Individ.requirements (if you use it in the MRP of you material master) - B SD delivery.

if you give me brief i can help you out more.

Thank you .

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana. thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate that very much.

I have all the settings in place and am getting the batch split line item as well.

My real question is that i am getting the batch split line even if i have one single batch for a particular line item. I want to make sure if that is a standard system behavior or not?

Normally a batch split would mean that if i have mutiple batches then only will i have the batch split line (the ones that have the line item number as 90000).

Pls let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

Well, this is the standard behaviour in which the batch line items will be displayed as a separate line items. The First item will show the Qty as "Zero" while the other with batches, will show the Quantities picked from corresponding batches. This will also flow while doing billing also.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

But does this happen even if you have a single batch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, it's correct. The second line (with batch) is giving you the Quantities confirmed from that batch. Had there been more than one batches (more than one line (items) would have been created with confirmed quantities from respective batches.)

Hope this is clear for you.

Do reward answers with suitable points.

Regards

SD

Answers (0)