cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different number range for different sales area but same order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have 2 different sales area but i have assigned same sales order type for 2 different sales area,

but i need the number range different for different sales area for that same sales doc type,

is that there is any user exists for number range? if so how can i find the user exists

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can surely have a different number range per Sales Area. For this you will have to make use of a User Exit (which would surpass the standard SAP functionality). Try USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE.

Maintain the desired range in VN01 with the respective Range Keys.

Make a custom table comprising of Sales Area and Number Range keys (same keys which you maintained in VN01).

Now everytime, the system will check which sales area is used and accordingly, it will fetch the Number Range Key~Sales Area combination from the custom table, and will pick up the number range from VN01.

Coding should done by a good technical guy to make this work nicely.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thaanks,

i am in the support can u put in details how to find that number range exist, i tried in smod but i was not

able to locate that user exist, is there any other method to find the user exist , your brief explanitaion

helps me to understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a user exit that you can use. As far as I remember it is the user exit SAVE_DOCUMENT PREPARE.

From here you can override the number range that is assigned tou your order type. I would recommend not to hard code the number range, but to maintain it in a user defined table (e.g. sales area - order type - number range). The number range itself has to be maintained as a regular number range, it is just not assigned in customizing.

Cheers

Markus