Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ID is showing up in PFCG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have position based security.

In PA30,

We update Info Type 0105 everytime someone changes

his or her name and then We deactivate old UserID in Infotype 0105 in PA30.

Question is-

When I got to pfcg -> users-> org mgnt

to attach role with position.

I still see OLD User ID is attached to Personnel no of employee.

How can I get rid of old User ID in pfcg ?

Please advise.

Is there anything that needs to be updated on HR master data side ?

Please let me know.

From

Pranav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

As you have described that you have deactivated the old-user-id in infotype 0105 in PA30 but you did not disable the user-id by the su01 and did not remove from the role in PFCG. PFCG will not remove / add any user-id by the any process. You have to add / remove in the PFCG then do the user comparision.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you run RHPROFL0 before looking into PFCG?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranav,

In addition to RHPROFL0, there is another program which should be scheduled nightly: PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY. This job will add or remove roles that are assigned based on position or org assignments. You can run it manually as well, using transaction PFUD for an interactive version.

--Matt

0 Kudos

Hi,

PFCG is never advised to be used in the role creation of the HR !! if its HR..leave PFCG alone !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

As you have described that you have deactivated the old-user-id in infotype 0105 in PA30 but you did not disable the user-id by the su01 and did not remove from the role in PFCG. PFCG will not remove / add any user-id by the any process. You have to add / remove in the PFCG then do the user comparision.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

0 Kudos

PFUD and RH* all were scheduled to run periodically.

I do not see any issue with Background job schedule.

Waseem, you may be right I may have to remove it mannually from

PFCG and PFUD again.

I will let you know.

From

PT.

0 Kudos

One thing to bare in mind with HR: all role assinged before HR was activated will remain to be maintained in SU01 or PFCG.

Only role assignments initially done via RHPROFL0 will be changeble again by RHPROFL0!

0 Kudos

Well, also bear in mind that RHPROFL0 does not and cannot assign roles. It only assigns structural profiles and standard profiles, via infotypes 1016 and 1017. To assign roles automatically, you must create a relationship to the role in the org plan (PPOME) to either the position or the org unit, and use PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY and/or PFUD to assign (and deassign) the role.

--Matt