cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoe to debug Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

Can you tell me the ways to debug a smartform in the Production server as we cannot put Break Point there? Eagerly waiting for the answer....

Reward points guaranted..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asish,

depending on your implementation there are different possibilities:

1) if you create the smartform output in online processing you can start by setting the breakpoint at the code position which starts the output processing and debug into the smartform processing from there.

2) you could also go into the smartform transaction and get the name of the smartform function module. then go to function module builder or SE80 and look there for the right coding position in the generated function module and put a break point through the usual SE80 functions.

3) I usually avoid using huge code steps in a smartform. if i need coding i put it into a class or function module and only call this in the code step. youcan always put a breakpoint the with class builder, function builder or SE80 and makes debugging a lot easier.

Hope that helps

Best Rgds.

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the valubale suggestions...I will work on it....I know we can debug the Function Module but is there any way where we can directly debug the smartform?

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asish,

I am not sure how you want to debug the smartform other than through debugging the function module. The function module is the smartform there is nothing else processed than it.

Best Regards

Roman