cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui 7.10 will not launch

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i am new to SAP so any help would be appreciated!

i have had a number of issues recently where upon the installation of SAP gui client 710, it fails to load upon double click!?, there is nothing in the list of processes relating to the GUI that shows it has even launched silently!, i have tried flushing the registry and re-install, i have used SAP sweep, it seems the only viable solution is to re-build said machine and then install the Client!!

any ideas?

thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrew_dobson
Explorer
0 Kudos

I ran into this exact same issue as well after installing Patch 5.

The solution I found was to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from this website:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displa...

Once installed it ran OK.

Try it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got into a hole installing patch 5 and I am looking to see of ways to resolve it.

Thanks

MG

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the installation of CC+ seems to have worked, but it is a varied solution..as in, it works sometimes if you just uninstall SAP Gui, and then install C+, and then SAPGUI, other times, you have to completely take of SAP(Including regedits)SAPSWEEP is a waste of time!!, then install version 6 of SAP GUI and then reinstall C+ and then version 7.10

either way, its bloody better than having to re-image a machine

thanks guys