cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDoc questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use FTP sender to send XML IDoc files via XI to a R3 system.

The Files are origianlly in XML IDoc format, so there is no need for mapping. They only need to be transported to R3 System.

But the problem is that there are more than one IDoc types.

Is it possible to use only one outbound interface and one inbound interface to solve this problem. I want to make the scenario simple, and actually I don't care the IDoc types during configuration, all the information is in the XML IDoc itself.

I tried use a virtual interface (DS_IDoc_O ) to represent both outbound and inbound interface, but I got following error message in SXMB_MONI

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_WRONG_INTF</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>DS_IDoc_OA</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>IDoc Interface DS_IDoc_OA konnte nicht interpretiert werden</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I know I can import the IDoc types into repository and use a conditional interface mapping to map the XML IDoc file to the corresponding IDoc types. But it would be better if there is a simpler solution.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if we can have an alternative because the IDoc metadata is validated against the structure generated in XI. So even if you use a virtual interface, the check will fail.

I guess you will have to take the pain of importing the Idocs into IR and do the routing accordingly ....

Lets wait and see fi we have any alternatives being suggested.

Good Luck and Happy New Year !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hui,

Since you have different IDoc types so using only one outbound & inbound interface will not fulfill the requirement. You have to define the seperate inbound & outbound interfaces for the same. If anyhow you use only one inbound & outbound interface then while sending it to R/3 from XI there will be a IDoc metadata mismatch.

Regards,

Sarvesh