Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport able entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use SAP 4.7.2. We need to transport table entry. How to do this? Transport is not being automatically created. I found some blog but in our system its suggestions are not working. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Galina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls contact your basis admin to solve this, this is not a security question

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls contact your basis admin to solve this, this is not a security question

0 Kudos

Hello,

Which forum should it go to?

Thanks

0 Kudos

I hope this would help you in transporting table entries.

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/07/transport-table-entries

0 Kudos

Narsing,

I saw this blog. When I try to follow instructions, I get stuck right in the beginning. First of all, I am not getting the same choice of radi buttons, so I cannot choose 'Transportable' request. I am unable to create Development/correction request. If I choose 'Customizing' it creates customizing task, and I cannot put my table in it, if I choose Workbench, it creates Unclassified task - no better.

Thanks

Galina

0 Kudos

Based on the screenshots, it is a 46C environment.

The blogger should (like many questions) have specified the release level (and relevant configuration "requirements")...

In my opinion, the blogger should also, upfront, have explained what delivery classes are and why they exist...

0 Kudos

Hello Galina,

after creation of an unclassified transport, you can change it to development/correction. Therefore you have to set the cursor on the task and choose Request/Task -> Change type. Then set the type to development/correction. After doing this, you can go to the object list of the transport and add a new entry in change mode:

R3TR TABU ZITEST

ZITEST has to be replaced by your table .

After ENTER you'll get a warning, that you haven't maintained any entries. With a double click on the new entry, you'll come to the key list. There you can add the values for the key fields of the entries, you want to transport. There's an option (I don't know the exact name) in the menu, where you can check, which table entries will be selected by the key values, that you've maintained.

Best regards

Stephan

0 Kudos

Stephan,

many thanks. You managed to solve both of my issues today.

Thanks

Galina

0 Kudos

It is not immediately apparent perhaps, but I can think of a few security relevant aspects to this thread (see posts above).

Thanks for the initiative (there are often misplaced posts) but I think this one is okay.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Execute transaction SM30 from your development system

2. Enter the table name in the Table/View field

3. Click the Maintain button.

4. Once inside the table maintenance, select the menu option Table View-->Transport

5. This will prompt you for a transport request. Create a new one or use an existing

6. Select the items that you want to transport and press the Include in Request button.

7. This is the MOST IMPORTANT PART....PRESS SAVE. If you do not press save, you will have a blank transport request

Navigate to SE10 and have a look at your transport, release it, etc. Hopefully this helps.

0 Kudos

Eric,

This is all good except that Transport option is not selectable.

Thanks

Galina

0 Kudos

>

> 4. Once inside the table maintenance, select the menu option Table View-->Transport

See my above comment about delivery classes.

Yes, a developer on their own with SAP_ALL can even transport purchase orders, or make a complete hash out of the system security and integrity (In DEV and PROD), if nobody is checking the transports and the development system...

My understanding is that if the business process (and risks) require it, you can transport sensitive master data (from DEV) or make customizing transparent and local (in PROD). Such a change to the delivery class of the table should be tested and approved, and transported.

Also, take a look at the comments to that blog for some warnings.

Cheers,

Julius