cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created New Sales Document Type - Why in VA01 Is Sold And Ship To Disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a new sales document type copying type RE. When I try to use it either by reference or simply entering a new order in VA01 both the sold to and ship to parties are disabled.

I've spent ages reading the help and looking through the IMG.

Can someone put me out of my misery!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete it and start over. When you create a new sales document type don't use the copy functionality. Instead, copy all the settings manually. If you use the Copy button it will blindly copy settings that may not be set up correctly (incompletion procedure not set up correctly maybe?). If you do it manually you'll get an error when something isn't right. When working in the IMG I very rarely use the copy button and never on something with as many settings as a sales order, copy control or pricing procedure.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai simon,

Thats a common problem in partner determination procedure.You have to assign the account group to the sales doc type (or (or) ta).

Once if you do this assignment, sold-to-party & ship-to-party will not be blocked

Try assigning account group to doc type

Regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found that copying type RE wasn't a great idea as most of the Config was corrupt !

Created my own which forced me to understand it at the same time.

Thanks for replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think that not a problem with ur sales docu. type

check ur account group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with the partner determination procedure assignment to your sales document type.

Then in the partner determination procedure, check with the field status for the partner function (Modifible, Mandatory etc).

Please check and confirm.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

Harsh

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

As per my consern this is may be due to partner determination procedure assignment, so please go throw the transaction VOV8 and go in to details of your order type and check the partner determination procedure and also check the same procedure step by step in IMG >Sales and distribution>Basic functions>Partner detemination>

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.