cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webgui is not working with SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have configured SSO between ECC and portal and it is working fine except in the case when i am trying to access webgui through portal it prompts me for userid and password,

please help me on how to avoid this, because i want to access the transaction directly without entering userid and password again.

Just to add that i have configured the STRUSTSSO2 transactions and i get all green lights when i run the SAPLOGON Ticket report from the same transaction.

My server certificates are trusted by SAP Trust center. The authentication module has been adjusted on the EP Visual admin in the services node.

I have the transaction i-view working perfectly on the SAP GUI, it is only that when i want to access the transaction on the WEBGUI am prompted for the password and user id.

My ECC system and the Portal system are in same domain and the ICM host name and SAPLOCALHOSTFULL paramter is maintained in the RZ10 txn.

I have also added the FQDN in the SAP and PORTAL servers

I am really at the end of my wits to figure out what is missing

Please help

Thanks,

Points will be rewarded to helpful answers.

Saurabh Anand.

Edited by: Saurabh Anand on Jan 4, 2008 5:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its integrated ITS make sure in the system definition you have set WAS host , path details (in portal)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already made WAS defination in the portal system landscape. I have maintained WAS with FQDN but still i am facing the same problem.

Regards

Saurabh Anand

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you log on to portal with FQDN?

other option is to use some http watch tools to see which url its trying to access when you call webgui

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ran the http trace and the url which is gettting called is URL for webgui with SAP hostname in FQDN format, i am still struggling with the same problem.

Note: Useful points will be awarded.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you didnt answer the question whether you are logged on to portal using FQDN url? if not SSO wont work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

The scenario is that the portal is named as hrportal.ifsc.org ( however the portal server FQDN is gvaqdevhr02.ifsc.ds) . The SAP server is named as gvaqdevhr01.ifsc.ds and the same is maintained in the system definition at the portal level (in system config).

One simple test that i am doing is that i log on to transaction SICF and run the webgui service . If my sso was configured perfectly i should have been able to log on to the webgui without the user id and password prompt. This is not happening.

I assume that once the webgui is tested succesfully in SAP then calling transaction i-view on the portal should not be an issue

Please also note that from portal my SSO on the sap gui is working perfectly fine and even my JCOs are using log on ticket is working fine.

I tested the FQDN for the portal and the SSO works fine .Thanks a ton for that .But now my issue is how to maintain hrportal.ifsc.org name for the portal and succesfully run the sso. Is there a setting in portal some where to maintain the FQDN and still use the portal name in the url

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry i dont know the answer for your last question, you may get a quick answer for that in portal forums.

Regards

Raja

Answers (0)