cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fulfillment date is coming ahead of Requirement date

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 locations in my supply chain. 1 is Local distibution center and the other is regional dist. center.

There is transportation lane maintained between 2 locations.

I have created demand at Local Dist Center and after SNP Heuristic the fulfillment ie, Purchase req date is coming ahead of demand date..

for eg.

Demand date is 25.02.2008

fulfillment date against the demand date is coming 28.02.2008

same is the case in the regional dist center.

Can any one help me out in solving the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Jignesh,

Check the following master data. Time Zone of the Local DC and RDC - are they the same?

Second and most important is Period Factor in Lot Size tab of product master and that in the Transportation Lane - Means of Transport. Is it 0.5 if so then when you plan in Weekly buckets the receipt will be created at middle of the bucket i.e. Thursday which is 28.02.2008 to cover the Demand on Monday (25.02.2008).

Regards,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Related to RDC and LDC the requirement and fulfillment date is coming same.. so the problem is solved.

But related to LDC and MFG the fulfillment date at rdc is coming 5 days before the requirement date

Case:

Demand at LDC --18/02/08

Transit time between LDC and RDC 2 days

Requirement at RDC --16/02/08

Uptill now it is fine

Now for the fulfillment of req at RDC is coming at 11/02/08 which I am not able to Interpret. I havent define any GR processing time...

0 Kudos

>

But related to LDC and MFG the fulfillment date at rdc is coming 5 days before the requirement date

>

> Case:

>

> Demand at LDC --18/02/08

> Transit time between LDC and RDC 2 days

> Requirement at RDC --16/02/08

>

> Uptill now it is fine

>

> Now for the fulfillment of req at RDC is coming at 11/02/08 which I am not able to Interpret. I havent define any GR processing time...

The description of your case is confusing - is the fulfillment of req at RDC or MFG coming incorrect (11/02/2008). Are you running SNP only in weekly buckets. In that case the same Period Factor comes in play.

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a Common Problem I've seen and it happens when even if you have Demand in Daily Buckets, you are doing Heuristic Planning using 9ASNP94 Planning Book. In this Planning Book, the Time Bucket Profile is a Mix of Days and Weeks (First 3 weeks as Days & the rest is all in Weeks). So what happens is for Demand that is beyond 3 weeks from Today, SNP Heuristic Planning is done in a Weekly Time Bucket even though Demand is in APO LiveCache in a Daily Time Bucket. As previously indicated by Somnath, the Period Factor (default of 0.5) makes the replenishment generated in the Middle of the Time Bucket ... causing us to Believe that the Date is not fulfilling the Requirement.

There are 2 Solutions I know for this ... the best one being (1) below which is Planning in SNP in a Daily Bucket since it creates dependant Supplies in your distribution Network by Day which is needed to Plan Production on the Right Day and Ship on the Right Day from the source.

1. Create a New SNP Planning Book.

a. First create a New Time Bucket Profile = Z9ASNP

which is for 366 days and is by DAY only.

b. Create a Planning Book = Z9ASNP94 (Copy of

9ASNP94) via trnx /sapapo/sdp8b and use the

Z9ASNP TBP in the Data View ZSNP94(1).

c. Activate all the Macros of the Planning Book just like

the Standard Planning book via /sapapo/advm.

d. Assign this Planning book to your User ID.

e. Use this Planning book in all SNP Heuristic or

Optimizer Background Runs. (/sapapo/snp01 or snpop)

You will see the Dates will be Calculated Correctly.

2. The Second one is the Period Factor as previously explained. This should be set to ZERO in the TLB Lane and the Product-Location Master.

In BOTH the case the TimeZone of the Locations must be same. In the previous releases of APO only UTC would work, but in recent releases other Timezones work as well as long as they are same, they give good result. Also ensure that the Planning Calendars use the same Timezone.

The Solution (1) above ensures Supply is Planned on the Right Day which downward in the Supply Chain will Plan the Shipping on the Right day & further down the Production on the Right day in the Production Plant.

The Solution (1) above is needed not just for this, I have known from my Past Experience on Projects the Need for a Separate SNP Planning Book for Activating SNP Database Alerts to create SNP Alerts permanently in the ALERT MONITOR (not Interactive Planning). This requires Alerts to be Activated and made as 'Default' so that the SNP Planning Run generates the Alerts while execution.

Thus Solution (1) will provide multiple solutions.

I've known for the Purpose of Some Custom Alerts, even the need to create a New SNP Planning area vs the standard SNP Planning area. That will require creation of a New SNP Planning book anyway. But this is beyond the scope of this discussion.

GoodLuck. Try this out. It will solve your problem.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur