cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender and Mail Receiver .....what is the error all about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to send a file using mailpackage to my Lotus Notes id.But it is giving the below mentioned error.

<b>error occured: [2005-09-28T11:42:43Z] unable to call the mailer; com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect</b>

The below mentioned is my Input File.

<b><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns:Mail xmlns:ns="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30">

<Subject>Interesting</Subject>

<From>MailMsg</From>

<To>Sugata.Basu@companydomain.com</To>

<X_Mailer>Lotus Notes</X_Mailer>

<Content>Hi ra.</Content>

</ns:Mail></b>

and my Mail Adapter Configuration for this is,

<b>Transport Protocol: SMTP

Message Protocol: XIPAYLOAD

Adapter Engine: Integration Engine

URL: smtp://mailservername

User:

Password:

Use Mail Package is checked and

Encoding : None</b>

1.Should I have to have an access to the Mail Server?

2.Why is the error?

3.What all Configuration I need to change,if any?

4.How to solve the error?

Without running the scenario,when I went to Monitor ,it was showing,

<b>MyConfig. Scenario:MyMailAdapter as running:started</b>

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you access the Mail Server with a client like Microsoft Outlook Express? Does your Mail Server support smtp?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefen,

I have no permission to access my corporate id mail server.Did you meant that access?

But on my system,I can configure MS Outlook Exprress .

The answer to your second question is ,<b>YES</b>,my mailserver(Corporate mail server) supports smtp.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have SP10?

Then check for note 817049.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Stefan,

I don't have SP10.

Do I need make any new configuration on the Mail Server side or i can carry on with the existing corporate one (which I am not supposed to touch)?

I haven't created any mail server of my own.But I want to send that file to my corporate domain or my <b>yahoo</b> domain for example.Now should I need to make any new configuration or configuration changes on my Integration Server?

I am very much confused in this regard.I have not made any other configuration other than that of Mail Adapter and File Adapter(ie,only XI related configurations).

I didn't even configured my own smtp server.

This is what I have done so far.Can you please through more light on it?

Thanks in Advance,

Sugata Basu

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are able to configure Outlook Express to send mails, you can take the same configuration with the Mail adapter.

Just assign the same server name, check if the port is 25, otherwise add the port number to the server name:

smtp://server:port

Add the same user and password and use an existing email address as sender.

Which SP do you have?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

I have gone through the Notes you have given from service.sap.com,but unfortunately it is talking about Null Pointer Exception. I am not providing any User Authentication since I am Using Mail Package and my Exception is diferent.It is 1 error occured: [2005-09-30T04:27:45Z] unable to call the mailer; <b>com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect</b>

So ,can you give me any other Notes corresponds to those Exception.

Secondly,<b>Other than Adapter Config.,what all configuration and accesses do I need to run the scenario,please explain step by step from the scratch.</b>

Thanks in Advance.

Sugata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

After changing some configuration, and creating an Outlook for my Mail Server ,now it is giving the below mentioned error.

<b>error occured: [2005-09-30T11:23:19Z] unable to call the mailer; com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to RCPT TO; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for Gowtham.Kuchipudi@lntinfotech.com</b>

Pl. Explain me.

Sugata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata

The following exception com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException, occurs if the port you are trying to connect to is wrong.

Check if your SMTP server is running, because the error clearly says 'server not responding OK to RCPT TO..'

cheers

Sameer

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the sender email address know to the mail server? Is this your address? Usually the mail server checks the availibility of the sender email address, so you cannot fake the sender.

Regards

Stefan