Former Member
0 Kudos

Can MDM send only changed fields and data and not the whole record

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You Cannot syndicate ONLY changed Fields.

You can track what set of fields changed by date stamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Romanch,

Can MDM send only changed fields and data and not the whole record

Well, to make it a bit clear the way you want to syndicate (only those record which are changed) is called Delta.

Steps for which are as follows:

a) On the Map Properties tab, check Suppress Unchanged Records.

b)Press Shift+Enter to save the property change.

Secondly, Records that have not changed since the last time they were syndicated to the map’s remote system are now grayed-out in the Records pane. These records will not appear on the Destination Preview tab or in the syndication file.

c) Execute the syndication.

However,detail info about thi sis available on this URL:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/53/bd65b1e0574c238a41452ca06d9b62/content.htm]

Hope it wil suffice to hint you,

Best Rgds,

Krutarth

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romanch,

I also had the same requirement and i think this functionality is currently not available using MDM Syndicator.

<b>Note:</b> Please if someone knows any way to achieve this then it will be of great help to me also.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>

Edited by: Shiv Prashant Dixit on Jan 4, 2008 4:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romanch,

According to me , there are 2 ways of doing this:

1. If you are extracting changed data through the API, you can set the timestamp field to change only when your key fields change. This will allow you to select only those records whose changes need to be sent to R/3.

2. Using the Syndicator you can use the timestamp technology in calculated fields or set up the relevant search criteria in the Syndicator to select only those records that have relevant changes.

Regards,

Shreya.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

I have one query, even if we specify search criteria based on time stamp, the MDM syndicator will syndicate all the Mapped fields of the records will fulfills the selection criteria.

Our requirement is that only the Changed fields should be syndicated and not the whole record.

Please let me know is this possible.

Thanks,

Shiv.