cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete jobs in SM35

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of our ECC6 system I've been deleting jobs in SM35 to tidy up a bit. In all the clients bar one this is a simple job, select item then trash can, execute and the job deletes. But in one of the clients the job doesn't delete and just sits there in process.

Does anyone know why this is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you tried chooing "no" to delete the logs when you delete the "in processing" batch input sessions in sm35.

i had similar issue to you, i ran temse check and deleted the logs, when i was trying to run the RSBTCDEL to delete the sessions i was getting a temse error. you will get a temse error because you deleted the logs and they are not there anymore, so choose no when it prompts you to delete the logs and this will delete the "in processing" batch input sessions.

hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

During post refresh activity we used face issues while deleting old sessions(sm35) using RSBDCREO report, as its cleared only processed session.

Bu we can delete n numbers of unwanted sessions with almost any status (in processing/in background/processed/errors) with report RSBDCTL6. I tested it.

lorenzo_martnez
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I've had a similar issue with some "In progress" entries in SM35 that couldn't be deleted.

As Sima said, choosing "No" to delete the logs solved the problem.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Are you getting any error/information message when you are trying to delete the job in the client?

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error message the status changes to in processing and does nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think we all are thinking in wrong direction. I think You are talking about SM35 which is for batch input and not jobs !

Coming back to the topic again if this is for SM35 please check if you have all the necessary authorizations in place in the partcular client.. Also for the batch input sessions that are not getting deleted please check logs. You might find something. Also in Sm35 you will find various tabstrips like New, Processing,Processed etc.. For which of these categories are you trying the deletion.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the title SM35!

The jobs all have session status NEW so are in that tab after I have try to delete them they are then under the In processing tab. They don't delete though they stay in processing.

From what I've just seen its the log file. If you do the delete process and don't say yes to delete the log it works. If I try to delete the log before I delete the job I get a TemSe: internel error so this must be the problem. Not sure whats caused that though now!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chris....

First.. we are trying to help you so do not use "!"

Second. do a consistency check on temse and then try to delete the job.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I am bit surprised since sessions under NEW don't have any logs generated for them.

However a general rule:

Please dont delete logs beforehand. This will cause a temse inconsientcy.The logs are linked to sessions and hence should not be deleted independent of them.

Please take care of this and for the sessions for which the logs are deleted beforehand please follow the approach suggested by Juan i.e doing consistency check - SP12 transaction.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appologies for the "!"

I've run a consistency check on temse and found some inconsistencies which I deleted. The problems is still there though.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I successfully deleted a job that was in status NEW in my traning system... now try to run RSBTCDEL with a new variant to include jobs standing in the queue for more than X amount of time.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In order to delete a job the job need to be in schedule or release status in SM37... If the job is in a different status like ready or active you'll need to cancel the job first.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The jobs are old jobs not in use and not set to ready or active. They completed and have not been used since.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If they are completed. then you don't need to delete them. They are only part of the job history and therefore good to have them.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Its part of a tidy up process we do in all our systems as we have a lot of jobs setup and it makes life a lot easier in the long run to keep things in order. They do hold data as well which takes up disk space.

Chris