cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Urgent......BC-XI(RFC-File Scenario)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I have a BC migration to XI scenario.

the architecture is like we have a customized adapter that is connected to BC which is further connected to r/3.

Now the adapter gives us XML which is being fed to BC which communicates with R/3 using RFC/BAPI. 75% of scenarios are synchronous.

Now i need some advise on how to migrate from BC to XI in this kind of scenario. Will i use RFC and File adapters in my XI to configure the same?

Should i use the XML of BC as file input to XI and then map it to r/3 using rfc adapter. I am bit confused . i have so many links. its bits confusing . How to go about it.

Please guide . its bit urgent.

Regards

Devel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP BC and SAP NetWeaver are based on different technologies: SAP BC is based

on webMethods’ proprietary Integration Server, whereas SAP NetWeaver is based

on open standards, such as BPEL4WS (business process execution language for

web services). Therefore, only parts of an SAP BC implementation, such as XSLT

mappings, can be migrated to a solution based on SAP NetWeaver. Any custom

programming based on SAP BC, such as SAP BC flow language, is unlikely to be

reusable in the SAP NetWeaver context.

The basic steps in the back-end systems are:

• Defining the logical systems

• Maintaining the ALE distribution model

• Maintaining partner profiles and EDI ports

• Maintaining RFC destinations

The basic steps in the SAP XI system are:

• Maintaining the System Landscape Directory

• Configuring the IDoc adapter

• Maintaining the receiver determinations, interface determinations, and

interface agreements

• Maintaining the communication channels

The type of scenario to migrate typically has an impact on the communication channels only.

>>>how to migrate from BC to XI in this kind of scenario. Will i use RFC and File adapters in my XI to configure the same?

Yes , for RFC communication you need to use the RFC adapter as you know in BC you need to create the connections and you can also test you RFC and BAPI and also you can check what XML string is coming in return. So i guess that XML you can use in XI also. Also you can use file adapter.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will i use RFC and File adapters in my XI to configure the same?

RFC Adapter - Yes.

File Adapter - Yes. If the custom adapter u r talking about produces a document that can be easily parsed through file.

But u have to keep in mind that file adapter does not support the sync behaviour. So either u have to go for bpm or u have to configure File - XI - File scenario with RFC lookup.

Should i use the XML of BC as file input to XI and then map it to r/3 using rfc adapter.

Yes

For initial understanding c this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8424011-0d01-0010-e19d-e5bd8ca5...

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek ,

Thanks for your fast reply. I would like to ask can you elaborate on how to do this for synchronous scenarios. do you have any links that can help me for doing the migration.

Regrads

Devel

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this link and you are done...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8424011-0d01-0010-e19d-e5bd8ca5...

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : rewards points if helpful