cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection From Satellite System to Solution Manager for key users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody suggest which RFC connection/destination should be maintained in BCOS_CUST table under satellite system to connect to Solution Manager.

1. SM_SSMCLNT010_TRUSTED

2. SM_SSMCLNT010_BACK

I don't want user to Login to solution manager while creating a support message. They should create a support messsage seamlessly from satellite system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankur,

To bypass the logon to the ABAP Stack, you need to create a trusted relatioship between the SAP Satelite and the Solution Manager. The SMSY generation creates a trust from Solman to the Satelite but like the old Windows, it is directional. In SM59, you can create a trusted relationship between the two systems as defined in OSS Note: 128447 and then create a new RFC, assign this RFC to your BCOS_CUST connection.

One note is that ALL users that will enter tickets need userid's on the Solution Manager that are exactly matching userid's that have BP's entered with the respective keys, iBase generated - all the setup for the Service Desk. Users must additionally have a role with autho object S_RFCACL assigned in the receiving systems.

Once that is done, you will be able to bypass the logon script when creating new service desk messages.

If this response answers your question, please set the thread to answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't get what you mean to say ? Please elaborate...

Thanks,

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thakur,

Sorry for the cryptic answer back there - read it myself and it didn't make much sense to me either so here we go with the seamless way to allow users to create service messages.

There are 2 ways to do this - 1 way is to use a connection like the 'BACK' connection but if you do this - all user tickets entered will have the username of the 'BACK' connection logon id as the message creator. The other way is to use the trusted connection so the userid of the person logging the message is transfered with the created ticket.

I will assume that you want to preserve the unique userid and use trusted connections. So here we go:

Step 1 - Go into BCOS_CUST on the Satelite and put in your TRUSTED RFC Connection as the detination for the Service Messages - either use the one that Solman created when generating or make your own ABAP Trusted Connection.

Step 2 - All users in Satelite and in Solution Manager need to have Authority Object S_RFCACL assigned to their userid's so they can use the Trusted RFC Connection (this is not in SAP_ALL or SAP_NEW).

Step 3 - All users that will use this method of creating service tickets need both a userID and a BP with the respective system keys to allow them to enter tickets for those Satelites.

That is all there is to it assuming that all issues with Trusted Connections have been worked through already (test this in SM59 by going to your 'TRUSTED' connection on the Satelite and execute the RemoteLogon button - you should be sent to the Solution Manager with out having to logon).

If this answers your question, please set this message to answered.

Edited by: David Milliken on Jan 25, 2008 1:55 AM

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use

SM_SSMCLNT010_BACK

for SM30.

Check [This|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=7780242&messageID=4266597] and [this|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=7780242&messageID=4491903].

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

If I use this (SM_SSMCLNT010_BACK) RFC connection still it is asking me to enter the SOLMAN ID and Password when I create a message from Satellite system.

Do I need to add some role to the users in Satellite system to create a support message seamlessly without touching the SOLMAN.

Please revert back.

Also the link which You have send me is not working.

Please send me the text rather than link.

Thanks,

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to use the RFC destination SM_SSMCLNT010_BACK only..

Now your problem is user specfied in the RFC destination..

The possible problems:

The RFC user for the RFC destination specfied needs to be valid in solman system..

The password of the RFC user needs to saved in the RFC destination..

How to test whether everything is set alrite??

1) Go to sm59 in satellite system, and change the RFC destination SM_SSMCLNT010_BACK..

2) Navigate to RFC user logon data....

3) Check whether the user name and pwd is mentioned or not... and whether uname and pwd is same in solman system..

uname should be present in solman system, just remember this...

4)final check, once u ensure al the above is done, check click remote logon, u should not be redirected to the logon page in solman, ideally nothing should happen.....

This should solve your problem,

Do reward for usefull post...

Regards,

Anand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested everything with a RFC user with SM_SSMCLNT010_BACK destination . But still when I send a message from satellite system it is asking me to put Login and Password in my SSM client.

Do i need to set this RFC as trusted ??

Also I dont want every users to create a message.. Only those users who has the business partner setup in Solman can create a message.. How can I implement this ??

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kuldeep