cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD and Transport tragets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a small confusion struck in my mind while understanding Groups and Business Systems Transport targets...suppose we have two SLDs SLD1(Dev & QA) SLD2(Prod)

1) Is this is a right structure of SLDs like

SLD1(Dev, QA) -

> (QA, Prod) SLD2

if yes what are the groups exist in SLD1 ? Dev, QA & PRD ?

if yes what the Group PRD refer to which Integration server? because without defining Integration server we can't assign group ! correct me if I am wrong.

Please clarity

Thanks and Regards

mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SLD1 will have Dev and QA groups

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is in the Tansport targets of Business systems in QA group of SLD1?

Thanks and Regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs please...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SLD1 u ll only have transport target for DEV. For QA, u have to define the transport target in PROD

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for all those replies..

...one more question to ask..is it a good practice that we need to maintain Two QA systems one in Dev environment one in Prod environment ? bcoz we need to alter communication channels for each transport !

Regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we maintain a replica of QA(SLD1) in PRD SLD(SLD2) and there we give transport targets to PRD , and as we don't have transport targets in QA(SLD1) so while transporting to QA(SLD2) there is no change in Business systems or Techinical systems...is this true ? if not please correct me.

Thanks and Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bcoz we need to alter communication channels for each transport !

That u have to do anyhow. The communication detail specific to the server has to be entered separately.

The other understanding in ur last post is correct. I thinks everything pretty clear now

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Prateek

Regards

mahesh.

Answers (0)