cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding APO Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on BI. I have one requirement to work on APO Reporting. So please adivse me on APO Reporting. Whether we should have different server for APO/ we can use the functions of BI itself and send me across any PPT for this APO Reporting.

Thankful for prompt response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For reporting purpose, you have to extract the data from APo-BW to an independent BI system and then report on it. APO- even though has BW inbuilt in it, cannot withstand the load of reporting. There is a rough calculation that if your CVCs are somewhere between 50,000 and 75,000 you can use the APO system for reporting but may not be reliable. You have to extract the data to APO-BW by creating a datasource in APO and extract this to BW system and report on it.

You can extract all DP data without any problems(Note 540571 - Collective consulting note on data extraction in DP) but for SNP there are restrictions. Please take a look at his note:

428147-Extraction of data from SNP planning area.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on what application (DP, SNP) you want to extract.... You can extract the APO planning results which are in the Planning area through a data source into a cube (which i suppose can be in BI)

If the planning result from APO is something that is published to R3 , you might find it more effective to extract from there

No ppt... but check this help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/content.htm