cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing ECC 6.0 in solaris 10 with MaxDB 7.6 on cluster. I have installed DB on one node and im trying to install CI on another. DB has been successfully installed, but when trying to install CI on another node it is giving error like

1 Error in program 'sapinste': ======> Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

T:1 Error in program 'sapinste': <* RfcReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

T:1 Error in program 'sapinste': <* RfcCallReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

When trying to execute the report RADDBDIF at this step it is giving error.

Please help me,

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor

Hello mahesh chedde ,

-> Please update with more details from dev_rfc.trc, sapinst.log, sapinst_dev.log.

-> Usually there is a common reasons why the execution of report RADDBDIF fails with 'WRITE_FAILED':

1. There are problems with read/write permissions for user <sid>adm which prevent a proper access of either '/usr/sap/trans' or '/usr/sap/trans/tmp' .Is 'trans'-directory NFS-mounted located on the different host? Check the write permissions for the central transport directory, and also the environment variables related it.

2. There are problems with the hostname resolution.

3. Could you login onto your system with a SAPGUI and check whether Report RADDBDIF could be executed manually in TA SE38. If manual execution of Report "RADDBDIF" in Transaction SE38 leads to a short dump "WRITE_FAILED", the alias "SAPTRANSHOST" was probably not found or there were problems when writing into the transport directory.

During the installation, if you enter the local computer for the request for the SAP Tranport Host, this is used correctly. However, if you enter another host name, it must also be accessible under the alias "SAPTRANSHOST"; otherwise, the system will not function correctly and the termination mentioned above occurs.

-> I dont't think that it's database related problem.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your quick response and also im soory for the late reply from my side.

Yes there was a problem with in the FS so that we have faced this issue.

Thanks for ur very much helpfull guidance.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the permission of the directory /usr/sap/<SID>trans/tmp

also check the permission ownership of  raddbdif.<SID> in the above path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shantanu

Answers (0)