Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defaults

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the User Defaults like the Date, Decimal Format etc. from some table. We do not want to change it manually every time a user is created. What we are looking at is to have it default to a particular setting (MM/DD/YYYY , 1,000,000.0 etc) always.

By default, it picks up the European format. Hope Im being clear with my question.

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect that the user defualts are taken from the system defaults. Not something to change lightly.... best talk to the basis guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am the Basis guy !

0 Kudos

Hi,

What we do is "Copy" an exsisting user; rather than use the "Create". Then click on the "parts" that you want to copy from the Choose Parts selection. You can choose Defaults and User Parameters to set up the new User like another. This helps when setting up a new user in the same location & same funtional area etc...

Good luck!

ck

0 Kudos

See, that would not help. We have a program that creates new users but does not change those settings that I mentioned. The whole point of my question is that when the user is created, all the settings should already be there and only the username, password and the roles would be assigned to the user by the program.

I know its a little confusing. Sorry about that.

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Two options:

1. As you are using the program to create new user you can add code to modify the two fields (DATFM & DCPFM) of usr01 table.

2. Both this settings may depends on the company that you are assigning to the user in su01 and this setting may be taken from table T005X (not 100% sure). You can maintaing this settings in view V_T005_BAS.

Test 2nd option in your sandbox system first.

Hope this will help to solve your problem.

-Pinkle

0 Kudos

Pinkle,

Thanks ! That really helped. I was talking to our Developer and seems like he does not agree with this. He says that modifications should be done through Tcodes and not by Modifying the table. He goes on to say that not all the required ones can be done via the table

Here is the rest of the list that we need.

Printer:

Device: locl

Output Immediately - checked

Delete after output - checked

Parameters:

BUK

EKO

VKO

VTW

Address_Screen 04

Here are the problems

1. We modified the program to modify the two fields that you mentioned. But it seems that the Management wants these as Default Screens

2. The Developer rejects the idea of modifying the table.

Sorry to be a pain. But there is not much I can to help.

0 Kudos

Not sure whether you are already using this but another option is to use CATT (tcode SCAT) to create the template and input the data using file.

-Pinkle

0 Kudos

easiest way is to create a refence user with all these settings and create all users as a copy of the default user.

0 Kudos

>

> easiest way is to create a refence user with all these settings and create all users as a copy of the default user.

I understand this to be a "template user" you are describing from which others can be copied.

A "reference user" in SAP terminology is effectively a role impersonated by a user ID: the system checks S_USER_AGR etc, not S_USER_GRP.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

we answered you in über-goobber. what's wrong with using SU10?

also: setting LOCL as a default printer might no be so cool an idea in case you have many users because some of the applications will take that literally and ignore different settings in customizing or personel settings in done in the transaction (e. g. MIGO/ME21N) -> this could result in scrambled printings (with barcodes etc.) not to speak of the average system-performance (network).

0 Kudos

Julis

pls look in the logon tab of SU01 there you will find the user type Reference where i am refering to.

0 Kudos

Everyone,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I appreciate all the help I am getting.

The problem that I have with using SU10 is that when new users will be created, they will all default back to the original setting (which the management does not want to happen).

When the program creates the users, we can have it make the changes I need. But the management thinks that this should be done in the SU01 screen by default.

To put it in simple words,

Say I create a new user, my SU01 screen should already have these settings. I'm not sure if there is a way to customize it.

Thank you !

0 Kudos

>

> pls look in the logon tab of SU01 there you will find the user type Reference where i am refering to.

That (the "reference user" as TYPE in SU01 LogonData Tab and REFERENCE USER on the Role Tab of other users) is an entirely different concept to copying a user (from another "template user" in the INITIAL SCREEN selection screen of SU01).

Besides, we are off track now. This does not address the question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We do not want to change it manually every time a user is created.

I assume you refer to SU01 default settings. See [this thread about SAP note 367660|; for a possible solution (for different user groups?).

I am not sure whether changing a system param is possible or applicable for your requirement.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able to get the program to set the parameters.

Thanks everyone

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I am having the same issue here. Which program are you talking about?

Thanks

Kartik

0 Kudos

We have a custom program that creates users from an Excel File dumped by another program. We got the Developers to modify this program so that it would automatically populate the mentioned settings.

Let me know if you need more information

Thanks,

Kunal