cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Mapping without BPM (Multiples IDoc To one EDI output?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently working for a client that want us to create, based on a multiple IDoc (an idoc that contains data of more than one idoc) only one output

Meaning that we have to do a mapping that based in this multiple input generates only one output that cointains all that data in only one flat file

example:

Idoc: PERX2002.PAYTEXT generates an EDI 820 with this structure:

LIST

/S_ISA (first input)

/S_ISA (second input)

At this moment we tried to use "Collect IDoc" option in SAP, and as seen in other blogs we changed the ocurrency of the message mapping to "0.unbounded", but when we release several idocs (WE14) we only get multiples output files (3 idoc collected and released give us 3 different edi files) instead only one edi file with all the data gathered together as ISA segments

In this required process possible???

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alains,

First you should collect all the idocs using the file port (as shown by stefan). Once you collect your idocs data is converted into idoc xml and the file is dropped in the path where you have given while creating the port. Now you should pick this file using sender file adapter (which will have multiple idocs) and map it to the edi file.

Also here you should make sure that you have to collect the idocs per partner, so I assume in the file you have multiple idocs for one partner only.

Now since you have multiple files in one file you can map them to your EDI structure. For the S_ISA, and S_GS you fill with the partner details and map the other values from the file. Here you may need to change the structure if needed. So please test in the message map and see whether you have all the data or not.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all!

it seems that i was missing that part, now it works fine

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see in the following pics..

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8352/process1xz1.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4954/processvc9.jpg

i already made those changes, the multi-mapping is set, and also the option for collecting the IDocs and the "enhanced" option in the Integration Directory, but when i release all the idocs i still get multiple outputs (2 files), instead one file with all the gathered data

Could someone tell me if i'm missing some step?

Thanks for your time

Edited by: Alexis Alanis on Jan 7, 2008 7:24 PM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexis,

Can you specify which process you followed for collecting the IDOCs. Did you used BPM or using XML File Port as pointed by Sarvesh.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

We used multi-mapping without BPM and the steps i did where the following:

1- I release the idocs (option repeat factor) on transaction WE19 (i only have these test cases)

2- In transaction WE20 my partner profile is configured to collect idocs

3- In the Interface Mapping the ocurrence of the Idoc (PEXR2002) "0.unbounded" To EDI 820 V4010 (0.unbounded)

4- Transaction WE14 is used to release the idocs

5- The output is multiple files instead one file

It's possible to do multi-mapping based on many IDoc's and resulting in only 1 EDI with all the data gathered within?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alanis,

Yes it is possible.

Your scenario is of IDoc Collection/Bundling. You can get the solution by going through these blogs.

IDOCs (Multiple Types) Collection in BPM

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Collecting IDocs without using BPM

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

XI: IDOC bundling - the "trick" with the occurance change

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I think N:1 without BPM is not possible.However there is a way to collect multiple idocs without BPM

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Hope this link might help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexis,

Refer to the Example: Collecting and Bundling Messages - One Interface

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

You can alse refer to the example in the IR undet SAP BASIS, drill down to Systems/Patterns and select the Integration Process BpmPatternCollectMessage

Regards,

Mike