cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Delivery with a Credit Memo Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus. I have been working on this issue for quite some time. I will explain the process that was provided by our installers. It doesn't seem to be adding up. Here is the situation, Product that was sent incorrectly was returned. According to our procedures, we create a returns delivery thru VA01, with RE (returns) as the Order Type. We then create it with REFERENCE to the Invoice Number. We remove the items not being returned, enter the Billing Block and Order Reason. Then Save. It gives us a returns delivery number of 6000000, We then return the product back to our stock through MB1B. We clear it and put it back as normal. We then Create a Credit Memo Request through VA01, order type is CR (Credit Memo Request) Create with Reference, we again select the invoice number, delete the items not being returned, enter billing reason, then save. It gives us a number of 60000001. At this point, we enter VF01 and create a billing document. It says the order has billing blocks. We go back in and remove the blocks. We hit save. It now seems to ok, except that, under document flow, under the first delivery 6000000, it shows still being processed (the goods returns shows complete, but the line above shows being processed), and the document flow for 60000001 shows the invoice and the Accounting document as Not Cleared. My question is, should there be 2 seperate orders? A returns delivery and credit memo Request should be under the one delivery number 6000000 according to our procedures? Those were the steps given. Something seems out of place. Are my steps out of order? Are the procedures wrong? If anybody has any insight, I would much appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zach,

Your process seems a bit out of whack. You are entering a return with reference to an invoice and then a credit memo in reference to an invoice. Instead try creating a return with reference to an invoice and a credit memo in reference to the return. Then you will have a more linear document flow. Also, when creating the credit memo you will not have to delete the non-returned/credited line items because the return will have exactly what you are crediting.

Hope that helps,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny,

this sounds correct. I will try this. Thx

Edited by: Zach barfield on Jan 3, 2008 10:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny,

I have already cleared and returned the product to stock. I can delete the return delivery and the memo request to start fresh, and try what you said, but what will happen to the stock? will this cause conflicts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny,

How would I enter the returns number when all i can enter is the Billing document or Standard order number??

Zach

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would start fresh with a new sales order. When you create with reference both the return delivery and credit memo are created with reference to the return sales order. Here is an example document flow to clarify:

Document Date Qty/value UoM/Cur Overall proc. status

Return 60000077 / 10 08/25/05 10.000 EA Completed

. Returns Delivery 500000016 / 10 08/25/05 10.000 EA Completed

.. GD returns QI 4900030060 / 1 08/25/05 10.000 EA complete

.. Credit for Returns1 10000017 / 10 08/25/05 10.000 EA Completed

... Accounting document 10000017 08/25/05 10.000 EA Cleared

Former Member
0 Kudos

johnny,

If i start new, what will happen with the stock already returned to stock? Will it bring more product that is not REAL, back? also, when i create with reference, i can only perform one at a time, meaning if i create the return delivery,it only creates the return delivery and not the memo.. I have to make a credit request seperately after, which then puts it under a new Delivery Number, What am i missing? Will this show being processed forever? here is my document flow.... Thx johnny

Standard Order 0000000055 / 40 completed

Delivery 0080000064 / 900004 completed

Invoice 0090000060 / 41 completed

Returns 0060000014 / 80 being processed

Returns Delivery 0084000006 / 10 completed

GD ret.del. returns 4900001914 / 1 completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

On second thought. since the product is back into stock. Can/should I delete the Return Sales order, but still process the Credit Memo Seperately?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zach,

If you doing this in production then it would indeed bring more stock in. For the purposes of testing the business process you should use a QA or DEV environment so you can create many documents without moving any actual stock around. Yes, when you create with reference it only creates one at a time. In the below document flow now create a credit memo from the return 60000014.

You're on the right track m8. Keep at it and you'll get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya i hear ya. We have those environments, i should have tried that first. Here is the thing, I try to create a Credit Check memo in reference to 60000014 with order type CR, and this is the error i get....

"Copying from sales document type RE to CR is not supported"

Thx

Zach

Former Member
0 Kudos

And that was trying your way in reference to the order number (returns number) and not the invoice number..... =[

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should never delete a document in production. Cancel or reject, but never delete. Deleting removes any trace it ever existed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I try to create a Credit Check memo in reference to 60000014 with order type CR, and this is the error i get....

"Copying from sales document type RE to CR is not supported"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea your "installers" set it up a certain way and doing it differently is going to mean changing your copy control (VTAA, VTFA, VTAF, VTLA) until it's set up to support the new business process. There is a lot that goes on in copy control and you can give yourself major headaches if you don't go slow and understand exactly what you're doing. Do be careful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yah your right, this was a HALF &(& Install as were finding out. so it's a configuration issue. thx johnny...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Create an oder, delivery and Invoice

2)Create a Return order w.r.t above created order and give ORDER REASON in the Return order.

3)Do PGR and for this no billing documents are going to be generated.

4)Create a Credit Memo Request w.r.t the Sales order and give order reason and and saving it, Credit Memo Request gets generated.

5)Create a Credit Memo for created Credit Memo Request.

Regards

Subramanyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Johnny said try the following sequence.

Standard order> Delivery Document>Invoic

Returns order with reference to SO or Invoice--> Returns Delivery.

Create Credit memo with reference to Returns Order.

In the above said flow you do not require a Credit memo Request. You can create a Credit memo with reference to a returns order directly.

Ir reduces a document.

In the above scenario you can do as you wish to see them in document flow.

Hope this will help you, if yes reward points to me.

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

posted an item yesterday. please tell us if this helped.

regards.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you created two transactions for what is basically just one transaction. you already created a returns order. when you process inbound delivery and post goods receipt, you can already bill the transaction (assuming billing block has been removed). the end result is a credit memo (type RE). so, there should be no need to create a credit memo request.

a credit memo request is used only to reimburse the customers for materials that were not physically returned to you. so you create the credit memo request and, once approved by your management, remove the billing block and go directly to billing. the end result in this case is credit memo (type G2).

in both cases, you may create with reference to invoice (check for copy control).

hope this helped.

regards.

jty