Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying t-code to user menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've assigned a custom reporting t-code to a specific role and the user needs it in his user menu/sap menu. How do i copy it?

Appreciate in advance.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you add the transaction to a single role using the "Menu" tab in PFCG, it will automatically add it to the user menu (assuming the role is assigned to the user).

If you're adding an existing single role containing the transaction to a conposite role, you'll need to go to the same Menu tab in PFCG for the composite role and push the Read Menu button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In all probablity you may want to follow the following process--its inessence to what reply you did get.

1. Enter tcode PFCG

2.Menu tab

3. add transaction

after that you need to go the authorization tab--> change authorizations and generate & Save it

Your TCODE will magically be present in the user menu. What you MUST not do is add authorizaions manually ( Mnay in thi sforum has lived thru that nightmare and I am in the thick of it now !)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to add the transaction to the SAP Menu you have got to work with transaction SE43.

0 Kudos

SE43 is used for area menus. this is not required for transactions to appear in the "SAP menu".

in order to do so you only need to work with the menu tab in PFCG as Dan Kelly and george G have pointed out already.

0 Kudos

>

> SE43 is used for area menus. this is not required for transactions to appear in the "SAP menu".

I think the SAP menu and the user menu are getting mixed up here.

User menu -> PFCG menu tab

SAP menu -> SE43, menu S000

0 Kudos

you are right, I was assuming this was about the user menu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize for not making it clear. My question is How do you add/remove/modify several items in the SAP menu for particular/all users? Taking the above example (t-code), can anyone please tell me how do we do this? Detailed steps would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

For the SAP-menu go to SE43, copy the SAP menu (S000) to the customer namespace (name the copy Z000 for instance) and edit the copy.

Afterwards, set this new menu to be the start menu for your users in SU01/SU10 via the tab 'defaults', field 'start menu'

For the user-menu just make sure the transaction is in the (composite) role menu, tr. PFCG tab menu.

HTH

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jurien