Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End Points

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Im unable understand abt endpoints..

mainly, I want to know it is receiver side ?

can anyone explain abt endpoints...

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im still not clear abt end points, I just understand that it acts as address to where to reach the message..

I need more information on technical prospects, like where end points in Exchange infrastructure. and systems...

thanks in advance..

thank for replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Endpoint is a means to know where to send the SOAP message. It provides the address of the server, port and the processing routine that can receive the soap message. Think of the endpoint as a email address. The email message is equivalent to SOAP message and the email address is equivalent to endpoint.

When executing a receiver webservice, XI needs to know where to send the soap message. So in configuration builder when creating the communication channel you put in the endpoint information.

endpoing for a webservice is defined in its wsdl under the tag <location></location>

more documentation : http://www.ws-standards.com/wsdl.asp

Hope it helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

End points are nothing but the following details of the target system (example data is going from XI to 'Y" system) then Y details need to be provided by Y system to XI people, so that XI people can update in adapter at XI side.

SOAP Reciver :1. Target URL

2. SOAP action

Vice Versa: We will provide the details of XI to Y people.

SOAP Sender:

1. Interface namespace

2. message interface name

Please let me know in case of any more info.

Dont forget to give me points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, endpoint is used to describe end-receiver of messages, if you give me context then may be I can help you in better way,

Regards,

Gourav